IT Service Desk Analyst - English/German
Posted on Dec 29, 2021 by TALENT - IT
IT Service Desk Analyst - English/German for an international Company in Brussels (onsite)
No experience required
2 week paid training on the job
Any other language is an asset (Spanish, Dutch, German, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Turkish)
- To provide a single point of contact for all IT related requests
- Ensures that requests are properly logged, assigned and responded to in a timely manner and according to agreed standards and procedures
- Provide first level support to Users for systems, products, services
- Own all calls to resolution
- To provide statistical information and reports when required
- Proactively work to achieve a high level of first time fixes
- Provides an effective interface between Users and service providers, including logging/documenting Incidents, Problems and Changes. Effectively communicates call progress and ensures all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Assists Users in making more effective use of systems, products and services, making initial diagnosis of issues and giving clear and concise advice on known solutions where applicable.
- Provides clear and concise information on Changes, Known errors, Changes in availability, New Facilities, etc.
- Maintains accurate log entries of requests with call/resolution & follow up details. Follows agreed procedures and maintains documentation/knowledge base to establish possible solutions to calls.
- Follows agreed procedures and responds to requests by providing information to enable Users to solve their issues.
- Promptly allocates unresolved calls as appropriate, by adhering to set escalation procedures.
- Follows agreed procedures, maintains and reports up to date and accurate inventory information on the organisation's IT assets and User information.
- ITIL certified is an asset, not a must
- Educated to High school level
- Language (fluent): French/Italian/English. Proficiency in English is required for internal communication.
- 1-2 year(s) experience in a similar position (0-1 year for junior role)
- Ability to learn new ideas and concepts and respond flexibly to challenges
- Displays the ability to work in a co-operative, pro-active and flexible way with customers of all levels of seniority
- Preferable IT based qualifications (MCP, etc)
- Experience and interest in client hardware & software
- You have the necessary documents and permits to live and work in Belgium
- Personal Effectiveness
- Interpersonal Skills
- MAIN CONTACTS: IT Service Desk Manager and Teamleaders, external parties, Local Support managers and professionals, Central IT Service Providers, and various Business Users.
- Depending on the country you are working for: Italian, French and English. Any other language is an asset (Spanish, Dutch, German, Portuguese, Russian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Turkish).