Information Security Manager - Vulnerabilities
Posted on Dec 27, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
*All Employees must be Covid-19 Vaccinated.*
A prestigious fortune 500 company is on the search for an Information Security Manager. THIS IS A REMOTE POSITION. They are looking for someone to manage over vulnerability monitoring and misconfiguration. They will manage over 6-7 people on their team. The company would like someone with experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, Cloud technologies, Network devices, Databases, etc.
- Vulnerability Monitoring
- Manage oversight and operational responsibility for scanning infrastructure and tools.
- Support vulnerability remediation initiatives and projects for on-prem and cloud, in alignment with established processes and directives.
- Communicate with key user and operational groups to understand business needs.
- Lead discussions and assist stakeholders in prioritizing remediation activities and provide expert analysis
- Develop metrics and KPIs to track progress towards objectives and monitor scan completeness against various sources of record.
- Develop Security Controls and repeatable processes to align with industry best practices and standards (CIS, DISA, NIST CSF).
- Manage oversight and operational responsibility for developing custom audit scripts for automated monitoring of approved Baseline Security Configurations (BSC) for Servers, workstations, network devices, databases, etc.
- Work with platform SMEs to ensure accuracy and completeness for the BSC scans, and remove roadblocks
- Design monitoring solutions for new and existing technologies to determine compliancy with published standards.
- Document, review, and ensure that all quality and change control standards are met.
- People Management
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and coaching to diverse staff with junior/senior/tech lead levels of expertise
- 8-10 years of professional experience with 3+ years of management experience.
- Experience managing security tools and performing vulnerability, and compliance scanning
- Experience with Linux and Windows operating systems, Cloud technologies, Network devices, Databases, etc.
- Solid understanding of deploying and maintaining tools
- Knowledge in Scripting languages - Python, Bash, PowerShell, Regex
- Experience leading projects and initiatives
- Preferred certifications: CISSP/CISM/GSLC, AWS/GCP/Azure