Director Technical Project Manager
Posted on Dec 27, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Director, Technical Project Manager
SALARY: $200k plus 10%-12% bonus
Looking for a candidate to handle project deliverables and mentor members. You will be leading 4-10 on a dotted line basis. Looking for someone who is working on critical Real Time systems going through revolutionary change from old to new. This is a highly technical/functional role - someone who came up through development in a financial Real Time environment. JAVA AWS Kafka Hadoop and or Big Data
*This role is open to sponsorship
What We Offer
- A highly collaborative and supportive environment developed to encourage work-life balance and employee wellness. Some of these components include:
- A hybrid work environment, up to 3 days per week of remote work
- Tuition Reimbursement to support your continued education
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Technology Stipend allowing you to use the device of your choice to connect to our network while working remotely
- Generous PTO and Parental leave
- Competitive health benefits including medical, dental and vision
- The role requires an individual who can successfully help lead an engineering & project management function in conjunction with the Head of Risk Engineering and other technology leaders. Strong technical skills, team leadership and development, Agile expertise, resource management discipline, and the ability to effectively execute on multiple fronts are baseline expectations for this role. This is a highly rewarding and challenging role that requires well developed leadership, problem solving, cloud experience, strategic decision making, and execution capabilities. The candidate will also possess a willingness and demonstrated ability to be the technical Product Owner of deliveries.
- The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Candidates will be evaluated based on their ability to demonstrate a proven track record of proficiency at the following competencies and organizational objectives:
- Ability to quickly gain credibility as a strong engineering lead who can work with the risk technology team to set best practices
- Demonstrate and embed the behaviors and competencies that create a risk aware and regulatory compliance and internal control mindset within the organization.
- Operate effectively as a member of the wider team through partnership, collaboration and influencing across the relevant business and technology functions and partner with leads in other technology domains.
- Create and adhere to delivery roadmaps partnering with other leaders. Strong execution mindset.
- Solutions architecture experience. Ability to design and develop high performance and flexible solutions.
- Familiarity with Hadoop and/or other Big Data ecosystems required.
- Experience in Real Time solutions leveraging Kafka and other event driven technologies
- Experience with cloud computing required. AWS preferred.
- Java development background with good understanding of advance object-oriented software development techniques.
- Candidates will be evaluated primarily upon their ability to demonstrate the competencies required to be successful in the role, as described above. For reference, the typical work experience and educational background of candidates in this role are as follows:
- Minimum of 12 years' development experience within the financial industry preferred
- Experience developing high performance data and compute platforms at scale. Experience delivering cloud native projects preferred.
- Ability to coach and mentor developers at different levels
- Proven ability to establish and execute technology best practices
- Experience coaching Agile transformation efforts and leading Agile (preferably Scrum) development.
- Preferred - prior leadership experience in guiding teams through cultural transformation.
- Bachelor's degree required in Computer Science or a technical discipline. Master's degree preferred.