Risk Data Engineering Quality Manager
Posted on Dec 27, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus eligible*
Prestigious Enterprise Company is currently seeking a Risk Data Engineering Quality Manager. Candidate will be responsible for designing data processes to support modelling and reporting needs as a member of the MEDA (Modeling, Econometrics and Data Analytics) team. IDEA has a critical function to manage and maintain business data and identify new data sets/solutions to enabling analytics for policy refinements, model development and portfolio reporting using state of the art techniques such as Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence and Big Data/Cloud Technologies.
- Build and manage sustainable partnerships with business and technology partners to ensure that their needs are met using IDEA services.
- Become the subject matter expert on the business domain. Plays a key role in influencing the stakeholders regarding various strategies, solving problems and decision-making. (Negotiation, building stronger partnerships, business savviness - working with different type of clients).
- Functional expertise with a technical background.
- Work with end users to build and maintain the terms and definitions for business information and data sets so that they can be organized in business context for easier reporting and analytics.
- Work with business stakeholders to ensure that the business contexts, sub-domains within are consistent with data management best practices and standards.
- Work with technology partners to ensure that the business requirements are understood, and technical solutions are designed and implemented to support desired business functionality.
- Collaborate with team members and interact across organizational lines to meet business objectives.
- Gather business and system requirements for data movement and controls, develop and document mappings and rules. Handle requirements document.
- Establish good partnership with Data Architecture team to ensure that the data model is designed to meet the business needs.
- Solid understanding of business & systems needs and detail requirements to ensure business requirements are translated correctly.
- Engaged with developing SIT/User Acceptance test cases and data sets. Collaborate and support SIT/UAT testing throughout the project.
- Develop test cases, test scripts and perform sit/user acceptance testing for data application projects.
- Gather and document Business Operational Readiness Review document.
- Facilitate requirements meetings and influence decisions.
- Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current data management trends.
- Have experience manipulating and analysing large datasets including using statistical software.
- Devise solutions that are innovative, thorough, and practicable.
- Works under limited direction. Independently resolves and develops approach to solutions.
- Capture requirements for R&D and exploratory analysis to understand requirements and data.
- Analyze large datasets (Structured and Unstructured data - XMLs, JSONs, PDFs) using big data platform.
- Would be required to engage using Python, PySpark, PIG, HIVE scripts to filter/map/aggregate data.
- Think logically to perform data analysis.
- Must be able to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Information Systems, or a related degree.
- 5 plus years of experience in people management
- 5 plus years of experience in budget and contract management including third-party interactions
- 8 plus years of experience as Business/DataAnalyst and overall dynamic experience supporting divisional/enterprise data driven initiatives.
- 8 plus years of data analysis experience, with a combination of business and technical skills.
- 8 plus years of SQL programming experience.
- 8 plus years of SAS/Python or similar programming experience.
- 4 plus years of experience working with Pyspark, Hadoop, JSON, XML and CSV files.
- 4 plus years of data mart/database/ETL experience.
- Experience handling multiple projects under a program management.
- Experience in Agile software development environments.
- Strong knowledge of Data Platforms such as Databases, Non-SQL Data Repositories, Big Data.
- Foundational knowledge on AWS Data Platforms, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning.
- Experience working with Version One or JIRA or similar tool.
- Ability to serve as mentor to more junior members of team.
- Worked in the business area or closely/directly with business are to gather business requirements/rules logic and develop code.
- Experience with database, data model and data warehouse concepts.
- Experience delivering data assets with different technologies
- Loan Manufacturing process knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with the primary and/or secondary mortgage markets.
- Loan Prospector, Loan Quality, Loan Advisor suite application working knowledge or similar applications is preferred.