Director of Virtualization Engineering
Posted on Dec 27, 2021 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
*We are unable to sponsor for this permanent Full time role*
*Position is bonus and equity eligible*
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Director of Virtualization Engineering. Candidate will lead a team in the design and build of core infrastructures that will host all shared services, working with team to prioritize projects and facilitate collaboration.
- Manage the life cycle of a private cloud infrastructure from operations turnover to decommissioning.
- Provide technical oversight and guidance to ensure that all operational activity is structurally sound, complied with regulations and standards, and coordinated to meet change, release, incident, and problem management standards.
- Seek opportunities to improve the efficiency of the team and the shift operations.
- Experience in leading a team operating Virtualization technology from VMWare like VSphere, VSAN, NSX, distributed Firewalls and Routers is required.
- Experience operating Software defined Data center and expertise in managing software defined networks and Software Defined storage is required.
- Collaboratively work to design an automation framework to automate delivery of Infrastructure as A Service in a standardized way.
- Seek opportunities to reduce costs while simultaneously improving operational efficiencies.
- Experience in automating IT infrastructure delivery in private and public clouds is a plus.
- Development experience with infrastructure as code techniques and infrastructure automation tools.
- Experience creating continuous integration and continuous deployment frameworks.
- Training less experienced members
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated, responsive and proactive communication skills (verbal and written) to succinctly and directly summarize and document issues and processes, Broad range of technical knowledge with demonstrated knowledge of system architectures, inter-relationship of the infrastructure and application layer, and end to end solution composition
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of ITSM platforms such as ServiceNow
- Candidate should have strong business acumen and budget control experience; must know what levers to pull to achieve financial results.
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or related field, 10+ years in an IT related role.
- Minimum 7+ years' experience in IT Engineering and/or Operations leadership/management role