Principal Cloud Architect
Posted on Dec 21, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
- Serve as cloud architect principal by providing technical guidance to other team members for the design, implementation and support of new cloud platform architecture and automation technologies, as well as updates and maintenance of existing cloud and automation systems
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud, automation, and end-to-end architecture for IaaS, PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Work closely with other teams to develop and promote cloud-native application architectures (microservices, serverless, containers), and application development and operations practices
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc. and demonstrate forward thinking around how technology can support where the organization is going
- Advocate and define cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems
- Design, configure, implement and support a fully automated workflow for provisioning and maintaining a complex, highly available cloud environment using infrastructure as code
- Develop and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures for deploying services to the cloud
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka and container management systems.
- Participate in cloud computing environment build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support, including but not limited to, patches, fixes, end-of-life preparation, and upgrades.
- Assist in the development of technology roadmaps and end-of-life technology plans.
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation; Serve as a point of escalation within the team for production support issues
- Provide technical guidance to junior team members
- Review product work, including detailed code, from other team members for approval to deploy; provide technical feedback as needed
- Provide technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of workaround solution or escalation to service owners
- Drive scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment for cloud platform projects
- Create and maintain documentation of architecture solutions, such as whitepapers, reference architectures, implementation diagrams, etc and relevant systems, procedures and processes.
- Deliver technical solutions that solve for new levels of complexity, scale and performance, and in turn, enabling breakthrough innovations
- Drive deep architectural discussions in a collaborative fashion to ensure solutions are designed for successful, automated deployment in the cloud
- Providing prescriptive guidance in addressing customer concerns and helping customers make decisions, enabling expansive use of the AWS platform.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Good technical leadership skills and relevant experience working with other highly technical resources through adopting new technologies while also maintaining highly available, mission critical systems
- Possess deep technical knowledge and extensive experience with complex, IT environments including applications, Middleware, storage, networks, information security, and operations as well as have a solid understand of cloud services, cloud native architectures and application delivery models
- In depth knowledge and understanding of container and microservices technologies and related architectures
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to business and technology leaders, architects, developers, and team members
- Must be able to collaborate effectively with a group of high performing, technical individuals.
- Hands on experience with agile, devops and continuous integration/continuous delivery.
- Demonstrate ability to support cloud architecture recommendations and decisions with research and reasoning
- Hands-on experience with: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Experience with architecting, implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability
- Experience working in an environment with a defined production change control process and mature security controls posture
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS, Infrastructure as code, AWS, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of cloud architecture and implementation features (OS, multi-tenancy, virtualization, orchestration, elastic scalability) and DevOps tool chains and processes
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis and design, and Client Server systems
- Demonstrated history of working within deadlines and ability to work well under pressure
- Experience working in a financial services or highly regulated environment preferred
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Mathematics, etc.), or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 7 or more years experience in IT systems installation, operations, design, and architecture of virtualized Servers/cloud systems
- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification or higher strongly desired; Relevant industry certifications such as Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud are a plus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
$180k - $185k Annual