Container Platform Engineer Senior
Posted on Dec 21, 2021 by Request Technology
.*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Container Platform Engineer Senior. This company is looking for a platform SRE with Linux administration skills, Python experience, and have as much containerization experience as possible. This person needs to have a minimum of 2 years of building out platforms such as cloud foundry, Tanzu Pivotal, OpenShift, and Kubernetes.
- Design, implement and operate container services platform with a focus on integrating these platforms with other tools using good Continuous Integration (CI) and continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Uses automation to make your job more efficient. You have an obsessive need to automate. You are offended when you have to do anything manually more than once.
- Is meticulous and cautious. You identify and consider all risks, and balance those with performing the task efficiently.
- Analyze, diagnose, replicate, solve and resolve technical issues reported by customer using the Fiserv PaaS and CaaS platforms.
- Write maintainable reusable software and always think self-served from consumer perspective.
- Advance unresolved issues that require more in-depth knowledge in a timely manner
- Take ownership, handle and maintain status on support requests from the business unit customers
- Report and submit product defects and work with other engineering groups to triage customer/business unit issues
- Build and peer review knowledgebase articles and product documentation
- Demonstrated competency in a programming/Scripting Language, with a strong preference for Go experience and Python.
- Experience designing and implementing Infrastructure as code API's using interface definition tools like Swagger
- Strong understanding of Virtual computing environments and concepts such as Hypervisors and load balancing concepts.
- Demonstrated understanding of, And preferably hands-on experience, with Identity management, Access Management, Certificate management.
- Experience designing and implementing containerized infrastructure logging and observability tools such as Splunk, Fluentd/Fluentbit, Prometheus/Grafana/Alert manager Suite, Wavefront, APPD.
- Experience with .net core and .net framework
- Experience with Open policy Agents or other policy engines
- Bachelors degree or high school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 1year hands on experience deploying and supporting Kubernetes on at least one public/private IAAS provider (Azure, Amazon, GCP, Alibaba or VMWARE)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience building and Maintaining Container Platforms such as PAS/TAS (Pivotal Application Service also known as Tanzu application service) PKS/TKGI (Pivotal Kubernetes Service also known as Tanzu Kubernetes Grid integrated)
- Minimum of 5 years of Infrastructure background (sys admin)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in operations and/or Systems Administration experience, particularly on UNIX/Linux and Windows.
- Strong networking fundamentals. You understand TCP/IP, subnetting and the difference between socket and connect timeouts, routing & DNS
- Knowledge of distributed systems (Windows and Linux) and virtualization software (VMware)
- Able and willing to work on call will be required from time to time
- Automation/Continuous Integration (concourse, Salt, Fabric, Jenkins, Octopus Deploy, etc.)
- Background in DevOps
- Awareness and knowledge of Concurrent Versioning Software (Git, GitHub, Gitlab)
- NSX, NSX-T, Panorama experience a plus
- Experience in Virtualization is a plus