Service Desk Analyst
Posted on Dec 20, 2021 by Prolinx
A bit about us
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies.
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities.
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for developing, building and supporting technical 1st line solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving incidents with existing infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience.
What you'll be doing
You will be part of the team that represent the face of Prolinx to its managed service customers as such operating on the front line
This is a shift based role that ensures we can provide our customers with a 24x7x365 service.
A typical breakdown of your role would be: ? Acting as an initial point of cont act for external and internal customers providing support to users;
- Ensuring that all communications to the Desk, phone calls, e mails etc. are answered promptly and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Responding to requests for support by identifying, registering and categorising incidents
- Identifying and communicating ideas for improvements in quality and/or efficiency
- Resolve issues at first call using standard operating procedures and knowledge base
- Troubleshooting and resolving basic technical issues
- Following agreed procedures, promptly allocating incidents as appropriate and in accordance with agreed SLA's and KPI's
- Ensuring customers are provided with regular updates, and progression is made in line with Service Level Targets.
- Ensuring that all actions and diagnostics performed are recorded accurately in the Service Management Tool.
What we need from you
We need someone that is;
- Strong at problem solving with excellent time Management & organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- A desire to grow and develop in the role and through the company
- Pride in what you do
- Ready to work under pressure and within strong security constraints
- Prepared to work in technologies outside of your core skill set with the support and guidance from others
- Prepared to travel, when necessary, to customer sites or other Prolinx locations
- Able to obtain Security Clearance to SC level and potential to DV
What skills and experience do you need?
From an experience perspective we are looking for a minimum of 1 - 2 years' experience working in a customer support type environment.
- Excellent customer Service communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Ability to obtain Government Security Clearance (SC) with no restrictions.
- IT support skills
- Microsoft Office suite
- Windows 10 and Microsoft Server 2
- Active Directory and User Account management
- General knowledge of basic software installation and network hardware (Desirable)
- General knowledge of desktop computing
- Ability to troubleshoot technical support issue
- Working with LINUX operating systems
- Network design and TCP/IP
- Server backups and restores
- Operating and configuring monitoring tools such as SolarWinds or Icinga
- Laptop/Desktop builds from bare metal
What's in it for you?
You will be joining an exciting and growing company that operate with very exciting customers and partners.
Your benefits include, but are not limited to;
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonuses
- 20% Shift allowance
- Internal first promotion scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Private health benefits
- Social events and gatherings
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£10 - £10 Hourly
£22k - £26k Annual
£25k - £25.5k Annual
£18k - £21k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£0 - £20k Annual
£1 - £100k Annual
£24k - £26k Annual
£18k - £25k Annual