LINUX Infrastructure Automation Engineer
Posted on Dec 20, 2021 by Prolinx
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies.
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities.
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for developing, building and supporting of Linux and open source solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving problems with existing Linux infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience.
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for all aspects of the LINUX estate.
A typical breakdown of your role would be:
- Work with and further develop open source and commercial tooling for use internally and to deliver enhanced capabilities to our customers
- Design and develop integration enablers between multiple systems
- Understand and operate the devsecops approach to all development work streams
- Provide 3rd line technical support , mentoring and fault resolution to 1st/2nd line support teams
- Support our sales teams in a pre sales function to understand user problems and assist with the definition of technical requirements
- Help drive adoption of automation and software defined tooling throughout the business
What we need from you
We need someone that is;
- Strong atproblemsolvingwithexcellenttimeManagement& organisational skills
- Able to workautonomouslyoraspartofa team
- Readytoworkunderpressure and within strong security constraints
- Preparedtoworkintechnologiesoutsideofyourcoreskillsetwiththe supportandguidance from others
- Preparedtotravel,whennecessary,tocustomersitesorotherProlinx locations
- AbletoobtainSecurityClearancetoSClevel and potential to DV
What skills and experience do you need?
From an experience perspective we are looking for a minimum of 2 years' experience working within a Linux engineering environment and a working experience of DevOps
- Enterprise Linux OS (Red Hat, CentOS, Oracle)
- CI/CD pipelines
- DevOps toolsets including Terraform, Git, Packer and Vault
- Configuration management Ansible or Puppet
- Discipline to follow development and deployment best practices
- Integration programming using Python and/or Java
- Designing, building and support Kubernetes clusters
Desired skills: ? Network technologies (LAN, W AN, Cisco switching, Juniper and Fortinet security products) and working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB or InfluxDB)
- Virtualisation management experience VMware, XenServer, OpenStack or Hyper V
- Working knowledge of Openshift, Openstack
- Red Hat Satellite
- Linux PKI
What's in it for you?
You will be joining an exciting and growing company that operate with very exciting customers and partners.
Your benefits include, but are not limited to;
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonuses
- Flexible working with a mix or home and office locations but also flexible start and end times to suit
- Company pension scheme
- Private health benefits
- 24 days annual leave with additional loyalty days added
Compliance with Company Policies, Procedures and Rules A condition of Employment as an Employee shall be, at all times, to comply with all Policies, Procedures and Rules of the Company, which include, but are not limited to: the Prolinx Integrated Management System (IMS) Manual, Prolinx Information Security Management System (ISMS) Manual and includes all Policies, Procedures and Rules specified in the Company's Employee Handbook.