Senior Network Infrastructure Engineer
Posted on Dec 20, 2021 by Prolinx
Location is Hybrid (60%) office over a working month
A bit about us
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies.
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities.
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for developing, building and supporting Microsoft Operating Systems and solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving problems with existing infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience
What you'll be doing
You will be responsible for all aspects of the networking estate. A typical breakdown of your role would be:
- Research, development and presentation of new ideas and technologies for improvement of existing or development of future offerings including automation and software defined
- Mentor and support other team members and develop knowledge base articles for your technical disciplines and assist with/drive to resolution technical escalations
- Design and deliver highly available and secure infrastructure solutions and produce high and low level design documentation
- Work on various Project teams delivering large scale, secure and complex solutions
- Own Technical relationships with Vendors and attend conferences and roadmap sessions to deliver back into the company
- Provide Subject Matter Expert support to presales engagements with customers
- Planning, development and testing of Change Requests with an understanding of business impact.
What we need from you
We need someone that is;
- Strong at problem solving with excellent time Management & organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ready to work under pressure and within strong security constraints
- Prepared to work in technologies outside of your core skill set with the support and guidance from others
- Prepared to travel, when necessary, to customer sites or other Prolinx locations
- Able to obtain Security Clearance to SC level and potential to DV
What skills and experience do you need?
From an experience perspective we are looking for a minimum of 2 years' experience working within a Microsoft engineering environment.
- Highly available and secure Data Centre network design / management with good experience working with routers / firewalls, switches, LAN/WAN, load balancers (Cisco, Juniper, Fortinet)
- Experience using dynamic routing protocols such as BGP and OSPF and various VPN/encryption technologies
- Working on Projects and delivering against milestones and timelines
- 3-5 Years' experience in the design / support of networks and associated infra-structure
- Troubleshooting network issues in complex and secure environments
- Working knowledge of monitoring tools such as Grafana and Icinga
- Experience working with Virtualisation platforms (VMware / Hyper-V)
- Experience working with network technologies such as DNS, DHCP and RADIUS
- Use of PKI for network level authentication
- Knowledge / awareness of Hyper Converged Infrastructures and the Software Defined Networks
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Designing and implementing networks into public cloud such as AWS and Azure
- Experience of Microsoft and LINUX operating systems
- DR and business continuity management experience
- Incident, change and access control management (ITIL)
What's in it for you?
You will be joining an exciting and growing company that operate with very exciting customers and partners.
Your benefits include, but are not limited to;
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonuses
- Flexible working with a mix or home and office locations but also flexible start and end times to suit
- Company pension scheme
- Private health benefits
- 24 days annual leave with additional loyalty days added
- Social events and gatherings