Microsoft Systems Engineer - 2nd Line
Posted on Dec 20, 2021 by Prolinx
This role is Hybrid - Home based with 60% office work in SN6 8TY a month.
A bit about us
Do you want to be part of a very exciting and rewarding opportunity to design and develop technical solutions to support a number of key government agencies.
Do you want to be part of a team who provide leading edge secure solutions for customers in defence, blue light, science/medical and other industry research departments often within Universities.
If you are passionate about technology and innovation with a strong desire to understand how different technologies operate and want to test your abilities then we are keen to talk to you.
Step Forward and Realise your full potential by joining an agile and talented team who is responsible for developing, building and supporting Microsoft Operating Systems and solutions within a secure managed services context along with diagnosing and resolving problems with existing infrastructure.
You will be a part of a great company, where you will be able to grow and develop your skills and experience
What you'll be doing
You will be part of a team responsible for all operational aspects of the Microsoft estateestate.
A typical breakdown of your role would be:
- Monitoring, managing and pro actively enhancing the Microsoft estate
- Responding to, investigating and resolving technical issues escalated from 1 st line
- Being an active member of the Microsoft systems groups to discuss, plan, design, build and deploy innovative solutions using Microsoft technologies
- Providing an escalation point for scheduled operations such as Patching
- Ensuring all Microsoft components meet the security and operational reference architectures and best practices
- Enhancing and tuning the Microsoft technology stacks
- Working with the monitoring teams to ensure all the correct metrics are being measured and analyzing those measures to ensure the estat e remains in a healthy and secure state
What we need from you
We need someone that is;
- Strong at problem solving with excellent time Management & organisational skills
- Able to work autonomously or as part of a team
- Ready to work under pressure and within strong security constraints
- Prepared to work in technologies out side of your core skill set with the supp and guidance from others
- Prepared to travel,when necessary,to customer sites or other Prolinx locations
- Able to obtain Security Clearance to SC level and potential to DV
What skills and experience do you need?
From an experience perspective we are looking for a minimum of 2 years' experience working within Microsoft engineering environment
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Server 2012,2016,2019) (Windows 10)
- Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM)
- Microsoft Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies
- Application packaging and distribution
- Microsoft Cloud solutions (Azure, O365 etc.)
- Automation technologies such as Terraform
- Network technologies (LAN, WAN, Cisco switching, Juniper and Fortinet security products) and working knowledge of TCP/IP networking
- Database administration (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MariaDB or InfluxDB)
- Virtualisation management experience
What's in it for you?
You will be joining an exciting and growing company that operate with very exciting customers and partners.
Your benefits include, but are not limited to;
- A competitive salary with discretionary bonuses
- Flexible working with a mix or home and office locations but also flexible start and end times to suit
- Company pension scheme
- Private health benefits
- 24 days annual leave with additional loyalty days added
- Social events and gatherings