Cloud Solution Architect
Posted on Dec 20, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for a Cloud Solution Architect. They need someone who has come up technically with either AWS or Azure. The company prefers someone with Azure experience but is open to both. They want someone who came from a development background and then got into DevOps and infrastructure. This architect needs to have strong Scripting experience for automation, using Terraform and Ansible. They will design and deploy applications into the cloud.
- Design, implement, and engineer complex, efficient and secure solutions in AWS and/or Azure, leveraging Company standards, Perform requirements analysis, interface with stakeholders of various levels, and document solutions.
- Partner with internal customers to migrate on premise infrastructure and applications to the cloud, and to deploy new cloud native applications. Serve as the Platform and CvbetSecuritv liaison to AppDev organizations, sharing best practices, educating AppDev OAs on Cloud capabilities and best practices.
- Work closely with AppDev and Engineering/Operations teams to identify candidate applications for cloud migration. Develop standards, practices, tools and automation to migrate applications to the cloud efficiently and securely.
- Assist in the creation of cloud migration business cases. Recommend and assist with pre and post migration application optimization to reduce costs and increase performance.
- Provide training and guidance on all things Cloud, with the goal of accelerating Company 's adoption of Cloud services in a safe and secure manner.
- Communicate confidently both verbally and in written form to C level executives and front line developers/admins
- Operate in and navigate through a large organization
- Be self-motivated, with the ability to operate independently, deal with ambiguity and drive projects to completion.
- Your Competencies:
- Technical Knowledge
- IT Architecture
- Solutions Development
- At least 3 years experience architecting hybrid solutions leveraging AWS and/or Azure as part of the hybrid solution
- Technology disrupter with a passion for innovation and cloud technologies
- Must come from a background and foundation of working in DevOps, app development, sys ops, or related IT field Experience working with a variety of Legacy applications and platforms
- Must have hands on Scripting skills (Python, Shell, Ruby)
- Must have experience with automation using Terraform, Ansible, or SaltStack.
- Solid analytical skills to identify problem areas and opportunities for remediation and the ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.
- Experience with AWS, Experience with Azure or GCP a strong plus
- Hands-on technical experience designing and/or deploying cloud solutions using Amazon, Microsoft, IBM and/or Google cloud platforms.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.