IMS/Voice Core Designer
Posted on Dec 16, 2021 by Flint Consulting Limited
IMS/Voice core designer
My Client, a well known telecoms operator is currently looking for an IMS/Voice core designer
You will be responsible to drive the design changes across IMS and Legacy Voice networks for User Data repositories and integration to northbound BSS & provisioning systems. As part of a project team you will ensure designs are customer centric, quality controlled and deliver to the needs of customer and project. The role includes working with suppliers to specify requirements, review compliance statements, ensure use cases are catered for, and act as the single point of contact for platform and service design related issues for existing and new network elements.
The role will be part of a team delivering network designs for mobile core voice platforms specifically user databases, and IMS.
- You will have experience of working in a Tier 1 mobile network operator or equipment supplier to Tier 1 mobile operators.
- You will have worked in the area of service provisioning and activation, Specifically around the implementation of, Voice core element provisioning for HLR/AUC, HSS, UDR, EIR, IMS and IMS services ENUM, and experience of REST interface for provisioning.
- It would be advantageous to have working knowledge of 5G NSA and SA and experience of TLS 1.2 connectivity and mutual provisioning (non-authentication).
- You will have a strong knowledge of IMS applications and platforms preferably in a design role.
- It will be a requirement that you have knowledge of cloud based deployments of those applications. In addition it is expected that you have extensive knowledge of cellular networks and networking principles (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G & IMS) including supporting signalling systems C7, SIP, Diameter and MAP and the interfaces to other network domains, EPC, CS, IMS, BSS etc.
- You will also ideally have knowledge of technology in the standards arena and the understanding of traffic principles.
- The role will require experience and proven track record in the production of multiple high and low level designs in a mobile telecoms environment.
- In order to understand network behaviour you will have experience of tracing tools for interrogating message flows to allow troubleshooting.
- You will be expected to produce end to end Technical feasibility solutions for complex implementations, working with Enterprise Architects across multi-disciplined areas, such as service design, IP design, packet core design, IMS design and IT.
- You will work with project delivery teams and ensure the project is delivering to the milestones and the design requirements, of which you are design owner, through to operational acceptance.
- You will work closely with vendors and internal teams to define statements of requirements and the key performance metrics so the platform and or service can be managed by operational teams, you will also ensure all designs meet fraud and security requirements, an understanding of UK TSR will be advantageous.
- Your extensive knowledge will be used as a source of expertise to identify and solve design issues through testing and initial deployment.