Field Applications Engineer - Connectors
Posted on Dec 14, 2021 by IC Resources
The company is a globally recognised player in the field of harsh environment micro-connectors for the Defense & Security, Aeronautic, Spatial and Medical markets. They have more than 350 employees in 11 hubs around the world. They encourage creativity and reactivity to respond to expectations, changes, and to anticipate client requirements.
They also promote initiative and responsiveness 20% of revenue is invested in R&D In-house design, manufacturing and assembly. Innovation, flexibility and collective intelligence are some of their key values. They ensure the satisfaction of customers but also the well-being of employees. No matter what your experience is, your personality counts as much as your education. They have a culture of cooperation and communication on a global scale
They are looking for an Engineer with excellent communication skills and a minimum of three years' experience in the Aerospace, Defense and/or connector industry to join their team.
Responsibilities will include
- Technical support to the sales force (interface with customers and/or sales representatives)
- Specification creation based on customer's needs (functionality, budget, lead-time, quality, qualification)
- Create the technical offer and defend it face to face with the customer
- Costing for specific solutions
Qualifications and skills
- Degree/Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 3 years working experience as a Field Application Engineer
- Familiar with CAD tools (Solidworks is a plus), planning tools, and the Office Pack, quotation and CRM
- Experience in the markets of defense / aerospace / embedded electronics / equipment is a plus
- Know how to work with customers
- Confident presenting proposals to customers and internal engineers
- Know how to evaluate risks
- Know how to anticipate the company's developments and needs
- Full UK driving licence
- French language skill would be a plus
WHAT PROFILE ARE THEY LOOKING FOR? They are looking for a well-organized field application engineer or project/product manager to lead success projects from the detection to the order You have an aptitude for inspiring and motivating your colleagues as well as for communication tools and methods Self-reliant and a source of ideas, your creativity will be appreciated. Caring, mutual aid and open-mindedness are important notions within the company Able to work within a small team, your personality should be outgoing and fun in order to meet customers, regular trips are planned in the UK and may involve staying away.