SQL DBA - Storage Admin
Posted on Dec 14, 2021 by LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field
* Experience serving in the capacity of a Microsoft SQL Server Database Administrator or equivalent experience in a customer facing role.
* Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2016 database technologies, database administration techniques database management tools for backups, recovery, snapshot management, sharding, partitioning and archival and experience with database performance and tuning techniques.
* Hold a MCSA SQL certification.
* Experience with data migration strategies, moving large scale production systems either in on-premise/data center environments and deep query troubleshooting such as isolating blocks of poor performing SQL, determining root cause, and developing remediation actions and data center network topologies, enterprise security and troubleshooting techniques.
* Demonstrate knowledge of ITIL (change management, incident)
* Master's degree in Computer Science or other technical field
* 4 years of technical sales experience or professional consulting experience in the fields of systems integration, large scale data transfer/management, and enterprise database performance
* Deep expertise in disaster recovery (DR) and data backup strategies
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in IT technology space and strong experience with optimizing database performance with respect to transactional and/or analytic workloads
* Effective presentation skills, with the ability to deliver a technical pitch.
Please send an up to date CV if interested in this role.
Due to the nature and urgency of this post, candidates holding or who have held high level security clearance in the past are most welcome to apply. Please note successful applicants will be required to be security cleared prior to appointment which can take up to a minimum 10 weeks. LA International is a HMG approved ICT Recruitment and Project Solutions Consultancy, operating globally from the largest single site in the UK as an IT Consultancy or as an Employment Business & Agency depending upon the precise nature of the work, for security cleared jobs or non-clearance vacancies, LA International welcome applications from all sections of the community and from people with diverse experience and backgrounds.
Award Winning LA International, winner of the Recruiter Awards for Excellence, Best IT Recruitment Company, Best Public Sector Recruitment Company and overall Gold Award winner, has now secured the most prestigious business award that any business can receive, The Queens Award for Enterprise: International Trade, for the second consecutive period.