PostgreSQL + Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on Dec 13, 2021 by Stelfox Ltd
PostgreSQL + Oracle Database Administrator - Daily Rates - Excellent Green-Field Project
Responsibilities can include the following tasks:
Perform installations and upgrades of PostgreSQL (Preferably PPAS 9.4+)
Plan and perform DB Patching.
Knowledge of Database backups/Troubleshoot failures, query execution plans, performance tuning techniques
Define maintenance plans.
Configure/Troubleshoot Replication (BSR/xDB SMR/xDB MMR)
Set up disaster recovery
Perform Fail-over and Fail-backs
Hands-on knowledge in Oracle to Postgres DB Migration
Monitor Servers through PEM
Script database changes
Knowledge of NOSQL databases
Experience with latest versions PostgreSQL EDB versions
User Administration and Security
- Install, configure, upgrade, and manage Oracle database systems
- Oracle 10, 11g, 12c
- Strong Experience in managing large databases, partitioning, Data warehouse experience
- Configure/Troubleshoot Oracle replication (Oracle GG)
- Hands-on knowledge in Oracle DB Migration
- Monitor Servers through Oracle OEM
- Proficient in backup & restore methodologies, Tuning databases, refreshes, Reorgs and script writing.
- Apply patches, Proficient in managing RAC cluster and DataGuard databases.
*Live Role - Apply for immediate consideration*