Business Analyst - Analytics
Posted on Dec 8, 2021 by Access Group
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that
drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from
professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their
industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on
Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Access Hospitality Division is our latest venture built from acquisitions of best-of-breed
hospitality tech companies including Procure Wizard, Design My Night, ProNett and others.
Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we are building a game-changing hospitality
ecosystem and we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
You are an experienced Business Analyst ideally with a hospitality background, who has a passion
for product, a well-rounded knowledge of agile developments and an ability to communicate
requirements and make decisions. Playing a key role in our dynamic Product Development team
with support from our group-wide product function and reporting to the Product Manager, you
will play a vital role in executing the strategic product roadmap and delivering exciting and
engaging solutions for our customers.
The Business Analyst fulfils the Product Owner role within an Agile Development (Scrum) Team,
focusing on how best to execute the roadmap defined by the Product Manager as well as
delivering customer change requests.
You will act as the representative of the Product Manager and, with suffi cient understanding of
the market, also the customer and business to make sound, informed decisions.
- Be the representative within the Agile Development Team for the Product Manager.
- Gather the requirements from the Product Manager and other Stakeholders and own their
- conversion into stories and supporting documents.
Fulfilling the Agile Product Owner role:
- Clearly identify and describe product backlog items building a shared understanding of the problem and solution with the development team.
- Make decisions regarding the priority of product backlog items in order to deliver maximum outcome with minimum output.
- Determine whether a product backlog item was satisfactorily delivered.
- Assess and triage reported bugs and support cases and assist with their resolution.
- Working collaboratively with other development teams and stakeholders to ensure that dependencies are managed, and issues and risks are communicated.
- Contribute to product launch and Go to Market collateral.
- Developing and maintaining a sound understanding of customers' business processes and requirements, becoming an expert in these areas.
Skills and Attributes
- Flexible and pragmatic, able to respond to shifting priorities, demands and timelines by using effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication, influencing, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and be able to make decisions independently whilst recognising when to escalate for more senior approval.
- Proactive and goal orientated with a strong delivery/milestone focus.
- Identify issues early and prioritise appropriately.
- Have a strong commitment to quality.
- Able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly.
- Attention to detail and consistent application of standards.
- A flair for design and UI/UX.
- Ability to take on the user perspective and to reflect this within the stories.
- Ability to interpret a high-level specification into user stories.
- Thorough knowledge of agile development methods, processes and best practices
- Well organised and self-motivated.