Senior AMI Builder (m/f/d)
Posted on Dec 8, 2021 by ITech Consult
Senior AMI Builder (m/f/d) - Linux/Cloud Security/AWS/Python/English
For our customer a big pharmaceutical company situated in Kaiseraugst we are searching for a highly qualified Senior AMI Builder (m/f/d).
Roche's expanding digital product portfolio demonstrates its commitment to provide healthcare professionals, laboratories, and patients with digital and digitally-enabled solutions that transform patient care. The existing product portfolio includes decision support systems, data management solutions, and workflow solutions. At the center of these diverse types of solutions is always patient data security and privacy as the highest priority for Roche. In this context, Roche has built a global team that builds, secures, and operates infrastructure platforms (cloud and on-prem) for its digital products. This team is working with a high freedom to operate in a self-organized setup and is responsible for tackling the cybersecurity, compliance, and infrastructure challenges of the healthcare industry while enabling high-velocity product development.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- As an AMI builder Engineer you will create Linux and Windows AMI in automated fashion, integrating AWS services with external tools such as GitLab or jFrog Artifactory.
- You are comfortable in designing, building, deploying, and operating EC2 Instances made out of our custom AMIs.
- Build custom and hardened Amazon Machine Images and responsible for systems functionality, performance and configuration issues.
- Configure platform agents and introduce system automation to perform Unit, Functional, Compliance and Performance tests
- Administration of Linux Servers, Virtual Machines and Networks using automated configuration management tools (Bare-metal, private data-centre and Cloud)
- Automate manual tasks with scripts and other tools
- Strong understanding of TCPIP, Linux OS and Process automation
- 20% operations tickets
- Min. 7+ years of experience in Unix/Linux systems (security, tuning, performance and Kernel experience)
- Min 5+ years of experience in Cloud Security and Serverless Architectures (Microservices and event driven architecture) - (Lambda, DynamoDB, API Gateway, Step-Functions, ECS, EKS)
- AWS Certification - Professional/Developer or any similar certification
- Min 2+ years of experience in Proficient in Python/Bash
- Min 2+ years of experience in developing command-line and standalone applications and Infrastructure-as-Code and related tools (Terraform/CloudFormation/CI/CD )
- Min 2+ years of experience in AMI Builder tools and OS testing frameworks (ansible, packer, inspec, Git)/RPM and DEB packaging systems
- It mostly applies to 1:1 communication with product teams by supporting them with clarification and regarding problems that affect internal products (AMIs), AWS Accounts or 3rd party tools/services (CloudFlare, Dome9, .. ).
- Reach out to colleagues while facing problems and documenting the findings once, the issue gets addressed. Open to collaborate, great attitude and positive mindset.
- Ability to analyse problems and deep dive into internal documentation or source code. Proactive approach to solve problems by learning new things at the same time.
- Comfortable working under pressure and ready to work long hours when required.
Nice to Haves:
- Programming skills: Experience in any one or more: C/GoLang/Ruby/Perl, Powershell advanced Scripting
- Expert experience with Networking and troubleshootinOOTCP/IP, DNS, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, LAN/WAN (Traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related, Tcpdump/Wireshark)
- Able to produce consistent workload and analyse system behaviour
- OS Tuning/Monitoring (eg Put system under stress and collect results, define performance KPI and Metrics)
Referenz Nr.: 920942SKN
Role: Senior AMI Builder
Industry: Pharma Location: Kaiseraugst
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert. If the position is not a perfect match and you wish to receive other opportunities directly, you can send us your CV anyway via this advert.
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT and Life Science candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.