Lead Microsoft .Net 5 developer (UK Home Based)
Posted on Dec 7, 2021 by NA International Limited
Home-based role (UK residents only) for
We are a long-established management consultancy specialising in marketing and IT, looking for a Lead Developer to drive the full development lifecycle of a new cloud-based system with connected web sites serving multiple countries. Starting from fresh and using the latest tools, this is an excellent opportunity to use your creativity and system design skills.
Requirements include a quotation system with a comprehensive pricing engine, status driven record and task management, consumption of third-party APIs and data, transactional emails, SMS, reporting and exports, and an API for third-party access. We are looking for a mobile first, multi-spoken-language and configurable design for both back-office users and the public.
You will be working alongside the Technical Project Manager and a junior developer. The system will support the business' requirements for marketing, quotations, record management and service delivery in the automotive sector.
We are looking for highly motivated candidates who work well in a very small team. You will have a big influence on the system being developed and should enjoy a sense of ownership and pride in what you are working on.
The project will use the latest Microsoft tools, languages, and programming methods. You should already have the skills to hit the ground running so that the system can be delivered on time. You will be based at home, therefore a suitable working environment is essential.
· Work with the Technical Project Manager to decide the best architectural solution.
· Translate user stories into modern UX to meet user needs.
· Decide the most appropriate design patterns to use.
· Deliver a test-driven approach to the development.
· Write code to a very high quality, taking the lead for the solution.
· Code review other team members' work providing clear direction and feedback.
· Ensure documentation is complete, current, and accessible.
· Take the lead for the roll out and future development needs of the solution.
· Maintain close communication with other team members.
· Stay up to date with latest development methods and present them to the project team when appropriate.
· Have an analytical approach and a keen eye for detail.
Key demonstrable skills include:
· A strong understanding and flair for architectural design.
· Up to date knowledge and techniques to build security, role-based authentication and data protection into the solution by design.
· Database schema design and SQL (MS SQL Server).
· Experience working in a version-controlled environment.
· Exposure to Microsoft Azure desirable but not essential.
· We use Microsoft Office 365 tools for collaboration across the team. Prior experience is beneficial but not a necessity.
Experience / Knowledge
· You will need to have extensive (minimum 3-5 years) commercial experience with the required skills.
· Good practical experience with modern responsive web and UX design.
· Deep understanding of coding best practices and modern architectural patterns, including microservices and message-driven architecture.
· Solid experience of the full software lifecycle.
· Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new methodologies, technologies, and development techniques.
· Motivated and flexible individual who can work to deadlines when under pressure.
· Ability to work on own initiative and as the lead for a small team.
· Have excellent communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills.
You will be expected to be able to demonstrate these skills during interview, presenting previous work that is appropriate to this role.
· Full-time, Permanent.
· £50,000 per year.
· Monday to Friday (08:00 - 18:00).
· Annual leave.
· Company pension.
· Company mobile and laptop.
· Access to Pluralsight for learning and development.
· Expected start date: January 2022
Please address all enquiries to:
Dan Le Brun
Senior IT Manager