Structural Fitter/ Welder
Posted on Dec 7, 2021 by J.A. McMahon
Essential Position Requirements:
· Ability to fabricate structural products with minimal supervision.
· Ability to fabricate moderately complex items with supervision.
· Interpret and apply shop drawing information, including weld symbol designations, with limited assistance.
· Practice and promote Safety and Housekeeping.
· Prompt and dependable attendance.
· Others duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Exhibit knowledge of material identification, equipment utilization and welding equipment set-up and maintenance.
· Fluxcore welding knowledge in the 1G and 2G positions
· Understand and utilize proper lifting and rigging techniques.
· General knowledge of equipment and operations including shears, press brakes, plasma cutting operation, sandblasting, flanging, rolling equipment and drills.
· Understand and follow oral and written directions.
· Ability to read a tape measure.
· Effectively operate common layout tools.
· Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and stretching
· Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate welders and other shop equipment.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
· Will be subject to a 10-panel drug screen and other pre-employment screening.
· 401K w/company matching
· Paid Holidays, Vacation Time & Paid Time Off
· PPE reimbursement