Senior Principal Cloud Architect
Posted on Dec 3, 2021 by Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you'll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it - we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Senior Principal Cloud Architect
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We're all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Discover is a high-tech financial company focused on the latest technologies and platforms, supporting enterprise-wide scale with a laser focus on Security & . Discover has a fast paced, collaborative and fun environment that emphasizes industry leading technology capabilities and practices.
Our Digital Payments organization is comprised of autonomous scrum teams responsible for defining, designing, developing and supporting cloud-based solutions that meet business needs. We are actively looking for principle cloud architect to guide our Digital Payments organization in its journey to a portable cloud-based architecture and operation.
- Responsible for architecture of security technologies, governance, and processes, including data protection, cryptography, key management, network security, and applying them to cloud solutions. Educates team members and develops baseline reference architectures.
- Researches evolving cloud landscape solutions and drives the selection and establishment of product roadmaps.
- Architects technical and business environments to meet business needs.
- Designs architectures and cloud platforms.
- Responsible for leading development and infrastructure projects within a hybrid on-prem and cloud landscape.
- Plan how we build and integrate new systems by leveraging your holistic knowledge of the products in our ecosystem
- Collaborate with our business partners to understand all business requirements and the associated impact and needs from the cloud based and on-prem infrastructures.
- Innovate on best practices for our team and advocate for improved processes with our internal partners
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity
- Solve complex technical problems and explore new ways to bring value
- Guide our team through implementing new solutions from inception to production
- Mentor and inspire our team members by helping them to hone tech skills/expertise
- Keep up-to-date with new technology trends and innovations
- Frequently attend Industry Conferences and occasionally participate in panels to and lead "TED Talk" like forums
- Leverage your network to bring the best of the best to our technology organization
At a minimum, here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
If we had our say, we'd also look for:
- 10+ years of experience working in a cloud computing environment.
- 4+ years of experience in automated software build & deployment automation in distributed cloud environment
- 4+ years of experience in tech leadership role
- Knowledge of containerization(Kubernetes) platforms and Docker/CRI-O
- Clear understanding of 3 tier/layer application architecture using modern cloud platforms
- Exposure to a flavor of Git, including common branching strategies, Software Composition Analysis
- Exposure to the Openshift Container Platform
#LI-MF1 #Remote #BI-Remote
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants - with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law) . We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.