Posted on Dec 1, 2021 by CV-Library
The role will involve working on systemic evaluation of product, services, facilities, manufacturing, business processes, to ensure that standards of quality are being met, along with the development of quality plans, procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts and six sigma tools.
* Lead the integration of the QMS with other Management Systems such as the Aerospace Industry Standard (AS9100) Health & Safety (ISO 45001), Environmental (ISO 14001).
* Help coordinate all in line quality initiatives throughout the factory and work collaboratively as a team with the quality engineers, process engineers, supervisors, team leads and production operators.
* Participates in the review of design, manufacturing, test, and supplier documentation (FAIR) to ensure that companies and the customer’s quality requirements are fulfilled.
* Measure, analyse and report data trends for quality projects/QMS and recommend improvement actions to the Managing Director.
* Complete and lead internal / external audits and provide support for audit planning and audit follow up. Conduct Quality Audits per AS9100 Standards – types of audits include but not limited to Process, QMS, and Supplier Quality.
* Conduct and support investigations to establish root causes, corrective / preventive actions.
* Gather and analyze intelligence and data to support Management Review. Enabling assessment of the QMS suitability, effectiveness, associated risks, opportunities and need for change/improvement.
* Carry out calibration management.
* Deploy quality methods: 5S / 8D / FMEA / Ishikawa / ECN / Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
* Development of quality engineers to extend their capabilities and value to the business.
* 3 years knowledge and experience in application of the AS 9100 / quality systems within a manufacturing environment
* Experienced in forming, leading, and developing quality teams.
* Proven ability to drive improvement projects to fruition.
* Significant quality and manufacturing sector experience, preferably within the aerospace industry.
* Proficient in interpreting electrical / engineering drawings.
* Competent in the inspection of electrical systems and components.
* IPC620 and AS9100 Trained would be a benefit
* Good written and oral communication skills.
* IT skills: Microsoft applications including o365, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint.
* Accuracy & Attention to Detail: checks work for errors, performs routine or repetitious tasks with care and attention, and understands the importance of detail.
* Self-Disciplined: proactive, works systematically, uses time efficiently and has ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
* Knowledge of and experience in the application of Risk Management and Process Approach.
* Experience and understanding of the development, deployment and through life management of QMS and Document / Change.
* Minimum of a HNC in electrical engineering or similar discipline.
* Experience in a highly regulated environment (aerospace, nuclear, marine).
* Liaising with external regulators (e.g., BSI / URS).
* Project NPI participation.
* Knowledge of MK Test Automeg
By applying for this role you give permission for Purely Recruitment to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Purely recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£40k - £46k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£43k - £54k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual
£40k - £45k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£35k - £45k Annual