IT Support Analyst
Posted on Nov 30, 2021 by CV-Library
We need a 2nd / 3rd Line IT Support Analyst to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. The role will initially be based on-site near Monmouth followed by the opportunity for home working. Some customer site visits will be needed, so transport is essential.
This position offers the potential to be involved in many areas of the IT service profession by working with a multitude of technologies and supporting a diverse range of industry sectors. It will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Friendly, calm and customer-focused manner.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to take ownership of issues and see through to successful completion.
- A passion for continual learning and service i1mprovement.
- Two+ years experience working on a Service Desk or in a Support Technician role.
- Experience with PC hardware setup/configuration.
- Experience with Microsoft Desktop operating system (Windows 10 Pro).
- Experience in installation and support of network printers/scanners/peripherals.
- Certification and/or experience Office software (2016, 2019 and 365).
- Certification and/or experience with Active Directory, computer, user account and file system management.
- Sound understanding of backup and recovery technologies.
- Full UK Driving licence and own transport.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience in working with a Managed Service Provider.
- Good working knowledge of HPE/Dell/NetApp Servers and storage hardware.
- Experience with Internet connectivity technologies; Fibre Broadband, LL, etc.
- Good working knowledge of VOIP and traditional voice communication technology.
- Good working knowledge of network configuration and maintenance including physical routing and patching and managing DNS, DHCP, VLANs, Switches, Routers and Firewalls.
- Experience with working on IT infrastructure projects.
- Experience with TeamViewer or other remote support tools.
- Certification and/or experience with VMWare vSphere/Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Certification and/or experience with MS Windows / Exchange and SQL Server.
- Certification and/or experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud.
- Certification and/or with Watchguard Firewalls.
- Experience with ESET PROTECT administration.
- Experience with Apple products / MacOS / IOS.
- Experience with Mobile device administration.
- Experience with Imaging / RMM / Patching tools.
- Proactively manage support tickets by recording, investigating and resolving.
- Aid junior members of staff with ticket escalations.
- Work closely with the team to provide professional and friendly services.
- General IT support duties include investigation and research, checking backups and server health, reviewing remote monitoring reports.
- Installation of new equipment and software at customer premises.
- Participation in infrastructure installation, hardware refresh and other projects.
- Liaising with contractors, engineers, and third-party providers.
This role includes opportunities for career progression, professional training, and further benefits as outlined below:
24 days annual leave excluding bank holidays, generous company pension contribution, performance-based bonuses, flexible / Homeworking, annual company outings and free tea/coffee (in the office)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25k - £27k Annual
£10 - £12 Hourly
£26k - £28k Annual
£23k - £24.5k Annual
£24k - £24k Annual
£15 - £18 Hourly
£20k - £25k Annual
£21k - £25k Annual