Posted on Nov 30, 2021 by CV-Library
Illuminate are delighted to be working with a growing charity with offices in Bermondsey, SW1 and Maida Vale. This is a small passionate team that is changing the future for boys and men through advocacy, policy-making, outreach and support. They are a small, close-knit team of approx. 30 staff who work together as a highly effective unit to deliver support, personal development and practice-led solutions to a diverse community.
We are recruiting for an exciting addition to their team, a Finance Manager who will bring process and structure to the finance department of this multi-award-winning specialist charity.
Who are you?
You will be an experienced Finance Manager who has run a small team within a charitable / NFP environment. You will be someone who is confident taking responsibility for providing day-to-day aspects of the finance operations. Understanding the needs of a small organisation, you will be flexible and hands-on in your approach. You will be an exceptional communicator who is able to take detailed financial information and help non-financial staff members understand budgets and figures for their teams/department.
Why do we need you?
This role's essential purpose is to provide and be responsible for the comprehensive, high quality, efficient and effective financial management of all FM activities including budgeting, accounting and financial processing, the preparation of statutory accounts and completion of audit, compliance with tax and other relevant legislation and finance monitoring and reporting on grants and contracts.
You will work closely with the Director of Finance and Resources (DoFR) on business planning and performance, supporting strategic decision-making.
What will your responsibilities be?
To be responsible for the financial systems and produce regular financial management reports for the DoFR, SMT and Board.
* Work with the DoFR to compile, maintain and manage budgets and cash-flow forecasts.
* Lead in the annual audit process and the preparation of the annual accounts and to liaise with external auditors. To ensure compliance in the submission of statutory annual reports and returns (including Charity Commission, and Companies House).
* Liaise with contract and grant managers from different funding bodies over claims and finance matters where appropriate, and to provide financial reports on contracts and grants as required.
* Working closely with the DoFR to propose and discuss changes and improvements to the current financial systems, finance and accounting procedures, including financial controls, risk management and quality assurance.
* To ensure that the financial systems comply with statutory and other requirements (egSORP).
* To undertake any other such duties as are required, and to keep up with financial changes that will impact the organisation.
* To undertake and oversee all aspects of finance day to day operations and book-keeping, ensuring records are accurate and updated on a timely basis with strong controls in place for procedures and processing, including maintaining accurate and up to date purchase and sales ledger, bank reconciliations, petty cash, fixed asset registers, payroll journals and other reconciliations as required.
* To oversee the outsourced payroll function, checking and signing off monthly payroll submissions (prepared by HR) and checking payroll processing reports, ensuring all payroll payments are made to deadlines, including pension contributions and other payments such as AOE/DOE.
* To oversee the system for efficiently maintaining finance records of grants and contracts and safekeeping documents as required by funding bodies.
What skills will you need to succeed in the role?
Financial management experience in a small finance department with broad knowledge and experience across all areas of finance.
* Professional accounting qualification (AAT, CIMA, CCAB) or equivalent experience relevant to the role.
* Experience in preparing month-end accounts, budget setting and forecasting.
* Good awareness and understanding of the voluntary sector in relation to financial procedures and the management of income streams.
* Experience of SORP accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors.
* Experience in managing multiple areas of work concurrently.
* Experience in working in a team and managing conflict constructively.
What can we offer you?
A collaborative and adult working environment where you can have a real impact upon the development of the finance function, both operationally and strategically, of an up and coming charity making a real difference in the lives of Men and Boys across London.
Competitive salary supplemented by
24 days’ holiday
4% Pension Contribution
Please contact Alexandra Kambanella or Francesca Lord today to find out more about this brilliant Finance Manager role today
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£20k - £25k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual
£60k - £70k Annual
£35k - £38k Annual
£55k - £60k Annual
£35k - £55k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual