Posted on Nov 29, 2021 by CV-Library
We have opportunity available for a public sector paralegal to support the South West police region based in Exeter.
As a paralegal you will handle pre-action civil and other litigation on behalf of the two police forces covering Devon & Cornwall and Dorset
This is a varied and interesting position Investigating and responding to pre-action public and employer liability letters of claims. You will assist Lawyers in handling legal proceedings in Courts and Tribunal include investigating the claim, collating documents, taking statements, preparation of Court papers.
Previous experince with Civil Injunctions, Property Closure Orders, and Proceeds of Crime cases would be advantages
* Supporting Investigations and draft responses to pre-action public and employers’ liability letters of claim, either through the claims portal, or in accordance with the Pre Action Protocols, under supervision.
* Investigating claims,
* Taking statements,
* Preparation of Court papers
* Attending Courts and Tribunals with Counsel
* Prepare and deliver presentations
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
* Law degree or equivalent in England and Wales
* Level 3 Professional Diploma in Law and Practice.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Good computer literacy skills
* Excellent legal research and analytical skills
* Demonstrable ability to handle a large and diverse workload.
* Demonstrable ability to prioritise workload in terms of urgency and importance
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now by sending your CV to [email protected]
RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to police, criminal justice, public and commercial sector employers.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, I am afraid your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£14 - £16 Hourly
£19k - £19k Annual
£25k - £35k Annual
£25k - £28k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual
£25k - £26k Annual
£23k - £25k Annual