Project Manager electrical
Posted on Nov 29, 2021 by CV-Library
Reporting to: Contracts Manager / Operations Manager / Director
Responsible for: Engineers / Project Engineers
Responsible for numerous contract activities which involve the supervision of Project Engineers and site engineering staff undertaking works for the company. Overseeing projects from design stage through to project completion, ensuring that work is completed to the highest standards on time and within budget as well as managing client expectations. Working hours will be 08:00am to 06:00pm, with 1 (one) hour for lunch.
Role & Responsibilities
* Ensure projects are completed in full as required by the customer and in accordance with the company’s objectives in terms of profitability.
* Ensure that all activities allocated to you are managed correctly to ensure that customers receive a high quality of service and are profitable for the company.
* Understand all aspects of the contracting process to include technical building requirements where applicable.
* Compiling project scopes and estimates, including budget costs where necessary.
* Preparing and presenting documents for tender submission.
* Preparing and implementing accurate programmes of work.
* Contribute to work planning, briefing project teams, sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Financial Planning, Forecasting, Reporting and Management using the companies forms and systems.
* Identify and implement areas for improvement in performance and profitability.
* Establish strong working relationships with a wide range of people and be a team player.
* Negotiate sub-contract orders and monitor sub-contractors and/or suppliers. Planning of critical dates and organising/monitoring labour requirements where required.
* Responsible for taking reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and other people who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work. Ensure compliance with legislation, standards and the companies ISO:45001 Standard.
* Responsible for ensuring that waste is disposed of correctly in accordance with companies Environmental ISO:14001 Standard.
* Adhere to the companies Quality Processes and Procedures in accordance with the companies Quality ISO:9001 Standard.
* Implement and act in accordance with the company Information Security procedures.
* Protect assets from unauthorised access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. Report security events or potential events or other security risks to the organisation.
* Any other project related duties as required by the Company Directors.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Programmes
* Experience working on and managing electrical and data cabling projects
* A team player with leadership abilities and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
* Excellent communication skills required for client liaison & internal communication/reporting
* Good attention to detail and administration skills
* Driving Licence Full UK Licence
* SP Code offences allowable
* DD Code offences not permissible – authorisation from Insurance Company required (If driving own vehicle and not insured by company, above not applicable)
Qualifications and Experience Required
Minimum 5 Years working within the Electrical Contracting Industry demonstrating a successful track record
Suitable qualifications with regards to your discipline in the installation, inspection, testing and commissioning of installations.
Experience working with HV / LV Switchgear in Hospital environments preferred but not essential
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£50k - £50k Annual
£50k - £55k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£60k - £72k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£45k - £55k Annual
£40k - £55k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£40k - £52k Annual