Senior Information Systems Security Engineer
Posted on Nov 28, 2021 by Leidos
Leidos is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to join a high performing agile team using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test and production environments. Our team of security engineers support enhancements to system security architecture and cyber security capabilities; manage multiple system security plans for development, test and production systems at multiple classification levels following the Risk Management Framework (RMF); manage cross domain capabilities; and support Security Verification Testing (SVT) of relevant Type 1 devices. Leidos is the prime contractor providing system engineering, development, test, integration and operational support. This new program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities while continuing to support an on-going mission and operational system.
A Senior Security Engineer is needed to provide support for adding new capabilities to a complex system with exacting interface, performance and security requirements. The selected individual will become part of a team of Security Engineers working on solving challenging issues on a large, significant program. The position requires a solid understanding of security practices and policies as well as hands-on vulnerability testing experience. The program makes heavy use Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptographic technologies, and cross domain solutions. The selected individual will collaborate with other engineers and technical experts in providing improvements to our operational, test, integration, and development systems.
The selected candidate will have numerous responsibilities from day to day drawn from a wide array of activities. The strongest candidates will have experience working in these areas:
• Validating and verifying system security requirements and establishing system security designs for large-scale systems, major system elements, and interfacing systems that are part of a large complex network environment with geographically distributed components.
• Identifying and implementing appropriate information security architectures and functionality to ensure uniform application of security policy and enterprise solutions.
• Recommending and developing technical solutions, products, and standards based on current and desired system security architecture.
• Assessing and mitigating system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle.
• Leading and/or contributing to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for various system and networking operations.
• Effectively collaborating with other internal technical experts on a day-to-day basis.
• Communicating with Program Managers and POCs from customer organizations when necessary regarding Security issues of significant importance.
• Participating in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
• Working closely with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software architecture and implementation meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
• Analyzing and assessing system implementation against multiple security compliance policies and recommending and implementing enhancements.
• Evaluating the impact of new development on the operational security posture of the system.
• Evaluating, reviewing, and testing security-critical software.
• Proposing, assessing, coordinating, implementing, and enforcing information systems security policies, standards, and methodologies.
• Auditing and assessing system security configuration settings using common methodologies and tools.
• Managing and enforcing security strategies and policies that effect various components of the geographically distributed systems.
• Evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet customer specified requirements for processing classified information.
• Providing configuration management for security-relevant information system software.
• Serving as a subject matter expert in security architecture to include providing advice to Program Managers, Customer technical experts, and internal program teams.
• Formulating security compliance requirements for new system features.
• Identifying and remediating security issues throughout the system.
• Supporting risk assessment, risk management, security control assessment, continuous monitoring, service design, and other IA program support functions.
• Working with development teams to enrich team-wide understanding of different types of vulnerabilities, attack vectors and remediation approaches.
• Planning and conducting security verification testing of relevant type 1 devices.
Active TS/SCI with polygraph clearance
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline and at least 20 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
DoD 8570 compliance with IASAE Level 3 is required.
- Must have Computer Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification.
- Must have Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (ISSEP) Certification.
Experience applying Risk Management Framework.
Experience formulating and assessing IT security policy.
Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with common security tools, such as Nessus, NMAP and Wireshark hardware/software security implementation, Experience with secure configurations of commonly used desktop and server operating systems.
Must be comfortable working on multiple systems and components simultaneously in various configurations.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking and communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
Five (5) years of experience with Defense in Depth Principals/technology (including access control, authorization, identification and authentication, public key infrastructure, network and enterprise security architecture) and applying risk assessment methodology to system development.
Experience developing/implementing integrated security services management processes, such as assessing and auditing network penetration testing, anti-virus planning assistance, risk analysis, and incident response.
Experience providing information assurance support for application development that includes system security certifications and project evaluations for firewalls that encompass the development, design, and implementation.
Experience with penetration testing tools.
Experience with scripting languages.