Retail Services Analyst (Water Sustainability)
Posted on Nov 26, 2021 by Waterscan
Chichester, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job Title: Retail Services Analyst (Water Sustainability)
If you're looking for an analytical role within an innovative business with sustainability at its heart, and you are based within commuting distance of Chichester, this could be the role for you.
Waterscan is unique in facilitating self supply for its commercial customers, allowing them to take control of their water costs and consumption.
Under the self supply billing model, customers acquire a licence to deal with water wholesalers directly in the central water market, avoiding the extra frustrations and costs of using a retailer as the middleman.
The Retail Services Analysts are key in managing the self supply service.
Our team of analysts provide our customers with reporting that explains their water consumption and billing charges. Analysts make sure they pay their invoices on time and help them fulfil all the obligations that come with a self supply licence, such as maintaining data in the central water market and providing regular meter reads.
Key tasks include:
• Set up new customers - add accounts to our online water management software (Waterline)
• Complete tasks in the central market to transfer accounts over to self supply
• Assist customers in meeting Market obligations Ensure meters are read regularly by raising meter issues to the wholesalers or customers and chasing them to completion
• Maintain customer & water account detail in the central market
• Wholesaler invoicing - confirm invoices totals are as expected and direct them to the customers for payment
• Ensure we receive all invoices each month
• Consumption & billing reporting - create and check monthly reports providing details on costs and consumption across customer sites
• Explain variances and trends, and answer customer queries on reporting
• Produce custom reports as requested by the customer and our account management team
• Data maintenance - perform data cleanse activities to ensure a high level of data accuracy within Waterline
• Action any changes to the customer's portfolio of sites, as directed by the customer and our account management team
• Regularly review and compare data between Waterline and the central market, investigating and correcting disparities
• Optimise customer billing - when requested by the account services team or account management, raise queries to wholesalers and direct them to amend billing tariffs and charges
• Co-ordinate with customers to arrange site visits and chase to satisfactory resolution
To join our team you'll need to possess excellent numeracy and analytical skills, with a keen eye for detail, as you'll be reviewing data from multiple sources and resolving anomalies.
You'll need to be comfortable working independently, but also happy to support others.
We're looking for bright, enthusiastic people who can keep the customer experience in mind with everything they do, who are diligent and conscientious in their work.
You can choose to work from the office full time or a mixture of office and home.
The salary and benefits package is competitive and the opportunities for career progression are good for the right candidate.
This role might suit someone looking for the next step early in their career or someone returning to work who is looking for an interesting, flexible role in central Chichester.