Business Intelligence & ANALYTICS SYSTEM ENGINEER (CLOUDERA)
Posted on Nov 26, 2021 by Salt
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE & ANALYTICS SYSTEM ENGINEER (CLOUDERA)- Banking Client - Brussels
- Duration: 12 months
- Remote Working
This is a Business Intelligence & Analytics role largely responsible for providing operational and project oriented services to the organization
We are looking to fill a need to have a highly competent and highly motivated individual in this system engineer role. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role would include owning, tracking and resolving incidents and requests. Fulfilling requests and resolving incidents within SLAs, reviewing service reports on a daily basis to ensure service related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to alerts and escalations and working with peers to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
This role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
As member of the team he/she will participate in software installation and configuration, release management, application design reviews and support the non-production environments
This position includes participation in the watch duty role (24/7 on call for a total of about 10 days per month).
We are looking for a person that has:
- Experience (5+ years) with the Cloudera Data Platform and its underlying suite of products - MUST HAVE THIS
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving problems
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts (Ansible playbooks, python)
- Experience working with Windows and Linux server, including Active Directory, LDAP and proper disk configurations
- Good communication and documentation skills in English
Preferred candidates would also meet the following criteria:
- Experience with database systems like MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostGreSQL
- Experience with ServiceNow and Azure DevOps
- Experience with reporting & ETL products like PowerBI, Cognos, InfoSphere DataStage
Please do send across to me the most up to date copy of your CV to (see below)