SENIOR SCRUM MASTER - REMOTE WORKING - 12 MONTHS - 600 € PER DAY
Posted on Nov 25, 2021 by Appella Recruitment
Senior Scrum Master
Leading player in financial services sector is looking for a senior scrum master to carry out the following duties:
To ensure the Agile team lives Agile values and principles, and follows the pre-agreed Agile processes and practices. Facilitate the work of the team, clears obstacles, helping the team to be more efficient and protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
Work largely autonomously in complex situations, for example with multiple cross-domain dependencies or characterized by a high frequency of change or an important level of uncertainty.
Act as a roadblock-mover for the team.
Understand the agile principles and values. Involved in helping with the team's intake (define and break down requirements and work items).
Bring the dynamic of continuous improvement in the team.
Coach their team, for example to make them more self-organizing
Share knowledge and support less experienced Scrum Master
- Provide overall guidance for team to adhere to Agile principles and practices.
- Guide an Agile team to efficiently deliver high value products
-Coach the Agile team to adapt to an environment where Agile is not fully deployed/understood.
- Interacts with people outside the Agile team to coach them in the Agile methodology to clarify how they can best contribute to the delivery team
Increase efficiency of Agile team though:
- organizing/facilitating scrum events & decision-making processes (sprint and release planning, identification of tasks, sizing effort, progress reporting, demo and retrospective)
- removing impediments (managing conflicting interests, negotiating inputs between different parties, proactively identifying issues and risks and adjusting scope, etc.). This can also include interface with governance and administrative constraints in the organization at large.
- Facilitate team transparency
- Report progress using the appropriate communication channels within team and towards various levels in the organisatIon.
- Work with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve (quality, productivity).
- Coach the team to be self-organized and cross-functionality as well as to adopt of Agile practices
- Collect and analyzes team KPIs (velocity)
- Follow-up, report and contribute to risks management (eg compliance, security, procurement/finance/liceses)
- Ensure that deliverables follow guidelines and standards (eg documentation)
- Conduct the team's planning sessions and translates them into capability plans
- Provide guidelines to Product Owner to take on the PO role and manage the Product Backlog (with dependencies, ambiguity, volatility, architectural and infrastructural complexity)
- Share impediments and corrective actions to Agile CoE
Experience in Scrum Master in an IT context in a financial services or banking sector
Experience in project management, business analysis, banking operations environment, IT design & development or project management is an asset.
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, conflict resolution, budgeting and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence team and key stakeholders
- Excellent presentation skills Ability to work in ambiguity and iterate to a solution - can estimate and solve basic business problems without explicit direction
- Creative, flexible, and willing to continuously change, evolve, and improve software development
- Combine strong delivery focus and servant leadership to guide and steer the team towards delivering business value
This is an excellent opportunity to work for a high profile client on a long term contract.