Onsite Support Technician
Posted on Nov 25, 2021 by EXCIS COMPLIANCE LTD
The individual who fills this role is responsible for managing outcomes and results, improving the overall delivery of service and all communications, and support of staff's use of enabling technologies.
- Prioritization of key staff issues to successful and fast closure. Communication to all associated parties on these issues including local Leads, Executive assistants and Executives.
- Manage all IT User service deliveries from the local team - coach, counsel and mentor team members and suppliers as required to provide effective integrated services
- Hands on technical includes troubleshooting and fix implementation of Windows, User hardware, Print management, WAN/LAN/Wifi, Meeting and Conference technologies, various Aptiv applications and tooling.
- Hands and Eyes Support for remote Server and Network teams
- Develop strong collaborative working relationships with key, local staff
- Engage IT Dublin team manages a high quality operational response that demonstrates ownership, follow-on and appropriate escalation where required
- Establish and maintain regular communications with the local Lead
- Oversee site incident management, communication to IT and business leadership, status reviews, root cause analysis approvals and follow-up actions.
- Work with the local to maintain the demand forecast for User equipment to match staffing, infrastructure capacity, and event growths
- Manage business escalations and complaints
- Prioritize IT services work within the assigned sites and keep a working log of top issues and status (managed and maintained by ServiceNow).
- Ensure effective IT Change and Problem management execution, following the ITIL framework and Aptiv standards and processes
- Provide recommendations for improvements and execution of agreed actions
- Maintain an inventory for all User related equipment including (but not limited to) PCs, Phones, printers and all other related User equipment and tooling.
- Take ownership of the User Support elements of IT Projects such as building developments, PC refresh cycles, security and other patching programs.
3 to 6 Month Deliverables:
- Effective IT/business support and communication measured by personal contact with the key business contacts at the site, and establish regular meeting and reporting cadence
- Demonstrated methodology for issue prioritization
- Ensure that the IT Team security awareness is fully up to date
The successful candidate for this position will have the following experiences and expertise
- The IT Operations Support Lead will be an overall effective customer support champion and excellent communicator. She/he will be a proven team leader, who will possess energy, and help in delivering service excellence.
- Demonstrated experience in leading an IT Service team addressing and solving IT and business issues with suppliers and clients
- Experience of successful support C-level staff
- Excellent written and oral English skills
- Flexibility, within standard total working weekly hours, reflective of a 24/7 production environment
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- General technical knowledge of IT service delivery for applications, global hosting, end user computing, and networking
- Experience of supplier management from a technical viewpoint
- Proven ability to make sound and logical judgments
- Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Able to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Strong customer service orientation
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering or information systems
- ITIL Foundation certification is a plus