Product Design Engineer
Posted on Nov 25, 2021 by CV-Library
Who We Are & What We Need
From our headquarters in West Yorkshire we are a multi-disciplinary innovation and development hub creating products and services that save lives and help industries become technologically advanced. We believe in the problem solved by anticipating the needs of customers and delighting them with unique innovative solutions and need a Product Design Engineer to help take us to the next stage of our innovation strategy.
Reporting to the Head of Development (Mechanical & Industrial Design) you will be responsible for researching and developing new products whilst also re-designing and improving existing products
How You Can Help Us
* Design innovative production solutions to a range of problems and opportunities.
* Communicate ideas quickly and effectively using a combination of sketching, CAD layouts, 3D models and working prototypes to evaluate potential solutions.
* Inject energy, enthusiasm and creativity into everything you touch.
* Be able to vigorously defend the best ideas but be open and receptive to input from a broad creative team.
* Apply sound engineering principles to technical problems.
* Apply a comprehensive understanding of high-volume manufacturing processes and materials to optimize designs.
* Confidence in managing external providers of technology solution to reduce our time to market.
* Understand the importance of clear product definition during the design process but be able to appreciate the spark of inspiration.
* Be naturally curious and relentlessly driven to find better solutions to everyday problems.
* Demonstrate integrity and courage in the way you work; breaking the mould is not easy.
* Stay abreast of the latest relevant technologies and products and be able to anticipate what we should do next. improvements, increased quality and value. Identify new ideas.
* Drive a Pioneering spirit and collaboration mindset.
* Drive best practice product design in response to new product & product upgrade/extension ideas. Initiate product ideas & concepts & submit for company approval.
Other Things We Will Expect You to Do
* Remain current – keep up to date with your key skills’ trends.
* Bring creativity and passion to the team.
* Live and breathe our pioneering culture.
* Drive collaboration.
* Foster and develop team spirit.
* Challenge the norm.
What We Would Like You to Bring to Our Team
* A degree in Product Design or equivalent.
* 5+ years’ experience Product Design
* Empathetic approach to understanding and identifying customers pains.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Experience in generating presenting your work.
* Track record of achieving deadlines.
* Understanding and appreciation of Mechanical Design
What We Think Success in This Role Looks Like
Products you will design will contribute to the growth of Fathom3 customers and help us achieve our strategic aims effectively. Ultimately, success will be measured in the legacy that you leave.
At Fathom3 we put our values at the heart of the business:
* We are pioneers
* We do the right thing
* We are in it together
No agencies please. We do not accept speculative agency CVs.
Any CV received by us from an agency will be treated as a gift and not eligible for any fee
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£25 - £35 Hourly
£35k - £45k Annual
£30k - £40k Annual
£45k - £50k Annual
£27k - £37k Annual
£32k - £45k Annual
£30k - £35k Annual