Posted on Nov 23, 2021 by Thomas Murray
A vacancy exists in the Global Network Management group of Thomas Murray Ltd for an analyst covering markets in a specific geographical region. The role involves responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of information and risk analysis on custodian banks, securities market practices and financial market infrastructures (FMIs) such as Central Securities Depositories (CSDs) and Central Counterparties (CCPs) provided to our clients.
- Research market practice changes and activity through local market infrastructure websites.
- Maintain running opinions on the risks and capabilities of custodian banks, CSDs and CCPs.
- Analyse local market developments and industry trends to support clients and consulting engagements.
- Manage the relationship with existing contracted support banks for validation of market information.
- Review of AFME questionnaire responses and liaison with agent banks for clarification and additional information.
- Preparation of support material for local market visits.
- Support local market visits (where permitted) for operational review of custodian banks and market infrastructures.
- Review and maintain the data for banks and markets as assigned for the various Thomas Murray products.
- Prepare newsflashes for clients on changes to market practice and bank updates
Skills & Experience:
- 2-3 years' experience in custodian banks or related financial services role
- First-class research and analytical skills.
- Strong, effective and fluent oral and written communication skills.
- BA/BSc at 2:1 award or above.
- Keen interest in financial services, particularly in the post-trade/custody space.
- Ability to absorb data, analyse, summarise and present in reports for internal and external consumption.
- Ability to work on projects individually and/or as a team, be a self-starter, flexible, adaptable and resourceful.
- Be able to identify solutions and improvements to current processes and deliverables.
- Work well under pressure, maintaining a very high quality of deliverable to tight deadlines.
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading, writing, and comprehension), other languages would be an advantage.
Principal applicants only, no agencies. Please provide a cover letter with your application detailing your interest in the role and how you meet the personal specification criteria.
Established in 1994, Thomas Murray provides data and analysis on global banks and capital markets to the financial industry with over 120 banking, fund and capital market infrastructure clients. See thomasmurray.com for further information.
Thomas Murray has developed several industry-leading monitoring programmes that enable it to maintain detailed opinions on a host of post-trade counterparties including market infrastructures, custodian banks, cash banks, fund intermediaries and digital custody providers.
Benefits include competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus, life insurance, private health, and company pension. Please note that Thomas Murray is currently operating in a remote working environment, and staff are being provided with facilities to work from home as a short-medium term solution.
Salary Competitive plus commission and bonus
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£45k - £52k Annual
£35k - £40k Annual