Research Associate (m/w/d)
Posted on Nov 23, 2021 by ITech Consult
Research Associate - biomedical research laboratory, cell culture, RNAi, qRT-PCR, cloning, transient/stable cell line generation, immunoblotting, ELISA)
For our client in the Pharma industry based in Basel we are looking for a Research Associate.
Clients Oncology department translates world-class science into medical innovation through a diversity of technologies and talents located across five research centers worldwide (Innovation Center Basel, Penzberg, Welwyn, New York, and Zurich).
We are seeking an exceptional, highly motivated, and talented Research Associate to join our cancer biology team focused on the discovery of novel anti-cancer agents. You will be a member of the Molecular Targeted Therapies (MTT) group located at Innovation Center Basel working in a team of approximately 30 cancer biologists supported by Small Molecule Research (SMR) and Pharmaceutical Sciences (PS) functions to evaluate candidate therapies in state-of-the art molecular, cellular and in vivo pharmacology laboratories.
The group you will integrate is focusing on the development of innovative small molecules in oncology and immuno-oncology. You will be in charge of the development and the implementation of assays enabling the validation new potential targets and the characterization of small molecule inhibitors in cell lines and primary immune cells.
The perfect candidates have hands on experience in biomedical research laboratories within the pharmaceutical industry rather than experience in academic research. Candidates with a PHD might be overqualified for this role. The hiring managers are looking for a motivated biologist with excellent scientific, communication and organizational skills, fully committed to team effort but able to work in an independent fashion.
Areas of responsibility:
- Address fundamental scientific questions, be responsible for the design and execution of experimental work, and conduct data analysis.
- Ability to perform tissue culture is a must.
- Will routinely perform and is proficient in molecular and cell biology methods (RNAi, qRT-PCR, stable line generation, growth assays, western blotting, ELISA, Incucyte imaging)
- Perform, optimize and analyze assay data using 96/384 well microtiter formats.
- Develop and run in vitro immune cell assays (eg T-cell tumour lysis assays, T-cell proliferation assays).
- Characterize compounds in different cellular assays.
- Coordinate and manage multiple orthogonal studies.
- Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other scientists and associates inside and outside the group.
- Attend and present at internal meetings.
- Keep accurate electronic records.
- Possible: Manage interns and/or apprentices.
Professional and technical requirements:
* BSc/MSc in a life science discipline (eg cell biology, immunology) or completed (Pharma) apprenticeship
. At least 2 years of experience in a biomedical research laboratory
. At least 2 years of experience with cell culture
. At least 2 years of hands-on experience in applying a wide range of molecular biological and cellular methods (cell culture, RNAi, qRT-PCR, cloning, transient/stable cell line generation, immunoblotting, ELISA).
. Familiarity with standard lab equipment and IT tools is required
. Ability to conduct and document original research in an independent fashion
. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are required
. Experience in compound screening in cell-based assays is a plus
. Experience in cancer biology and/or drug discovery is a plus
. Prior experience in the pharmaceutical industry would be a plus
. Experience with imaging systems (Incucyte, Operetta) would be a plus
Reference no: 920836SKN
Role: Research Associate
Industry: Pharmaceutical industry
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Start date: ASAP
Duration: 12 months contract, with possible extension
ITech Consult is a certified ISO 9001:2015 Swiss company with offices also located in Germany and Ireland. ITech Consult is specialised in delivering IT candidates for contract work. We were founded in 1997 by IT professionals; hence we well understand what it means to be professionally supported in your search for a new project and being employed.