System Engineer - Email Boundary
Posted on Nov 23, 2021 by SuisseCo GmbH
Please note that for this role, relocation to Switzerland is required. We are only able to hire EU-27 citizens or candidates with an existing Swiss working permit/citizenship.
SuisseCo specializes in the international recruitment and placement of highly qualified IT specialists in Switzerland. We support our clients in the implementation of their IT projects and guarantee quick and flexible solutions of the highest quality.
For one of our clients in the banking industry, we are currently looking for a System Engineer - Email Boundary
Start date: January 2022
Duration: 6 months with good possibilities of an extension
Location: Zurich (40% Home Office is possible)
- As a System Engineer within our global Email Boundary Engineering/Operations team you will work with email applications and infrastructure related to encryption, security, and routing and policy enforcement
- Your main responsibility will be our firm-wide secure email application
- You will be in charge of infrastructure and application design, development, testing, documenting, deployment, support and continuous improvement with a focus on security, compliance and end user friendliness. This requires your general Linux expertise combined with and Web Server skills
- You will be in charge of configuration knowledge management, support documentation, release and change planning, and ensure compliance with the firm's IT standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintaining relationships with technical stakeholders will require your technical leadership
Essentials Skills and Qualifications
- 4+ years of experience in performing a similar role.
- Strong experience in IT security (authentication, end-to-end encryption, transport encryption) and conceptual understanding of network security (Firewalls, web Proxy, load balancer and hardware security modules).
- Experience with Jira, Confluence other agile tools.
- Good Linux system engineering skills, including programming skills (Shell script and others).
- Good analytical and problem analysis skills.
- Fluency in English; German is a plus
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Good understanding of the SMTP protocol
- Java/J2EE programming skills
- Experience with Oracle databases
- Experience with test automation
- Documentation skills (technical and for end-users)
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.