Posted on Nov 22, 2021 by Henderson Scott
DevOps is beginning to enter the Slope of Enlightenment' across the industry and forms a key part of our ongoing strategy to enable the best outcomes for our customers as they embrace new technologies, new processes, and new infrastructure platforms. We have been working with customers globally to deliver DevOps for many years and thus have built an excellent perspective on industry trends.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Developer who has been working with mission-critical systems and understands the importance of automation, culture, measurement, and iterative processes - and how to overcome challenges both exotic and commonplace - and is now looking to take a big step forwards in their career. We are looking for the top talent in the industry, highly-skilled in orchestrating application deployments and adept at the design and implementation of complex automation systems.
You will have confidence in knowing your skills (and limitations), you are calm and collected under pressure and always available to mentor the less experienced. Your colleagues see you as a good team player who is keen to share knowledge as well as to listen and learn from others.
- Provide customer-facing workshops to educate customers and prospects and gather information for analysis and recommendations.
- Work with Solutions Architects and DevOps Engineering team to design and implement automation systems.
- Work with Project Managers to deliver customer outcomes on time and on budget.
- Write and maintain world-class documentation and materials for customer and our internal audiences.
- Excellent understanding of CI/CD, Configuration Management, Infrastructure Automation, and Application development methodologies.
- Deep expertise with a CI/CD automation system (eg Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo).
- Expert working knowledge of a Configuration Management system (eg Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Powershell DSC).
- Expert working knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows and/or Linux).
- Advanced knowledge of relevant web services, mail, backup, and application monitoring.
- Good knowledge of data storage systems and consistency/availability trade-offs (eg SQL Server, MySQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Good knowledge of networking fundamentals.
- Good knowledge of collaborative application development using Agile methodologies and distributed revision control (eg Git).
- Familiarity with Linux containers: usage and orchestration (eg Docker, Mesosphere, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS).
- Can present concepts in authoritative and clear manner to customers through white boarding, presentations and proposals
- Creative problem solver, will own issues until full resolution
- Ability to create wow/delighter moments with customers
- Effective with time management and expected deliverables
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal with great attention to detail