Consulting Cloud Engineer
Posted on Nov 22, 2021 by Henderson Scott
Using cloud-native approaches based on leading DevOps practices, we help organisations modernize applications and data, build in the leading security solutions and deploy everything on the right cloud infrastructure for maximum effectiveness.
We are seeking a Professional Services Consulting Engineer to deliver cloud transformational outcomes into our clients. You will be working at the forefront of technology, driving innovation across multiple cloud services and solutions providing strong, hands on technical skills, with the experience and consulting skills to understand, shape and deliver against our customers' requirements.
- Design and implementation of scalable software services, alongside engineering and architecture teams.
- Execution of Cloud engineering tasks within migration sprint cycles aligned to?best practices and templates within a customer project team.
- Build out of new customer cloud solutions using cloud native components.
- Usage of foundational architecture and components to build out automated cloud environments, CI/CD pipelines and supporting services frameworks
- High- and low-level design work
- Escalation to appropriate task manager of inappropriate work task requests or requirements
- You'll be a strong technical expert, with experience on complex projects from inception to delivery, to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimize their workloads by providing application focused assistance to build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native Azure/AWS/GCP Platform and 3rd party toolchains and automation oriented agile principles.
- Through both hands-on and consultative approaches, you will be responsible for supporting customers with tasks including provisioning resources and modifying Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer issues. You're happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding.
- A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background. Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers. You'll be the company voice to the customer.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience (ideally 3+ years) using a broad range of cloud technologies
- Extensive knowledge of DevOps methodologies - application delivery pipeline Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker. Experience in these specific technologies is desirable. Including building and maintaining cloud-native applications.
- Scripting and automation methods such as Terraform, Ansible, Python, YAML, Go.
- Technical skills in as many of these as possible: Public Cloud architectures (GCP), PaaS (Containers, Kubernetes, Pub/Sub, FaaS etc.)
- Strong notions of security best practices (eg using IAM Roles, KMS, etc.)
- Previous exposure to large-scale system design.
- Network experience, aware of cloud network patterns such as Google VPC, network InterconnecT, subnets, peering, Firewalls, etc...
- Experience of SIEM Administration including the capture and processing of logs and processes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies and can articulate best practice approaches and practices.
- Ideally have a degree in a technology field or equivalent industry experience.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time, should it be necessary.
- Strong communication skills, customer facing experience desirable.
- Ability to build a strong rapport with customer and internal teams/stakeholder in medium/large organizations.
- Technical achiever with a strong work ethic, creative, collaborative, team player.
- Brief senior leadership and end users at varying levels of familiarity with cloud technologies, about the technology selections, best practices, and benefits.
- Work independently in an agile Kanban environment to complete tasks, report status, identify blockers, and pro-actively resolve issues
- Communicate clearly in written and verbal form with varying audiences of developers, BAs and other stakeholders.
- Ability to present architecture to clients of varying levels, from Developers, Business Analysts and Senior Client Leadership.
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues. Including TS distributed systems.
- Self-starter, with an ability to pick up new Cloud technology and Scripting technologies.
- Certified in one or more Google Professional certification or relevant Cloud platform and infrastructure certification.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent is an advantage.