Posted on Nov 22, 2021 by Edissero Ltd
Technical Author - Remote with occasional trips to the London office
Are you an experienced technical author with excellent hands-on coding skills who is looking for your next role? Do you enjoy taking control of documentation and putting your own stamp on it? Do you enjoy working with developer communities? Can you juggle multiple, complex documentation projects? If you've answered yes to these questions, then this exciting role with our global data streaming services client could be for you.
As a technical writer, you'll be taking complex information and communicating it clearly, concisely and accurately without relying on technical jargon to explain what you're trying to say. You will be the key link between the engineers, marketing team, developer advocates and developer customers.
In this varied role, you will be juggling many projects, from reading and writing example code, to reviewing 3rd party technical content commissioned, to updating FAQs, UX interfaces, API and SDK documentation and tutorials, to supporting product launches. In addition, you will be writing in-depth articles for our client's blog about data streaming, software infrastructure, and software design for a highly technical audience of software developers.
- 2+ years of experience as a technical writer, preferably creating developer level documentation for cloud-based software products.
- The ability to create prototype implementations (including lightweight API integrations) to test documentation accuracy and effectiveness.
- Familiarity with GitHub or another code repository.
- Comfortable with Markdown, HTML, and CSS.
- Experience of producing training and learning materials that help developers understand how to use an API product.
- An aptitude for organising information and clearly describing complex business workflow, data management, and Internet networking concepts.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with the product, engineering, and customer success teams.
- Working knowledge of Swagger, Textile, and/or Stoplight.
- A good understanding of Real Time technologies, event-driven architectures or streaming services.
- Know the SaaS and API business model and have experience documenting solutions for developers.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£60k - £75k Annual
£35 - £45 Hourly
£21k - £23k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£50k - £70k Annual
£80k - £90k Annual
£25k - £30k Annual
£40k - £50k Annual
£55k - £65k Annual