Human Resources Generalist (part-time)
Posted on Nov 22, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
Our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority, is looking for a Human Resources Generalist interested in a flexible, part time opportunity. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the HR Generalist assists with the activities of the HR department of the Housing Authority, including recruitment, compensation, benefits, safety, training and staff development.
The HR Generalist consults with managers and supervisors on HR matters, assists with developing appropriate policies, and administers the performance management and salary administration processes.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinates the recruitment process, including conducting interviews, background/reference checks and onboarding activities.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientations to foster positive attitudes toward the Housing Authority's goals.
- Assists with the development, administration, and updating of personnel policies and safety policies.
- Reviews employee benefits and maintains records of benefit plan participation. Tracks leave usage.
- Assists, guides, and trains staff on matters regarding HR and employee relations issues.
- Coordinates the development and ongoing maintenance of position descriptions.
- Performs routine tasks to administer and execute HR programs, maintains employee personnel files, and prepares necessary reports.
- May be required to work outside of regular business hours and/or travel to Housing Authority facilities, other landlord-owned properties, and offsite events or meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Two or more years of experience and/or training in Human Resources Management. Will consider an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Professional certification in Human Resources preferred (eg SHRM-CP, PHR).
- Knowledge of HR Management, including: laws & regulations; records management; interviewing; training & development; and workplace safety practices & procedures.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules or regulations to specific situations.
- Ability to interact with a variety of individuals (employees, managers, public) effectively in a professional and courteous manner. Strong listening skills and ability to coach and counsel others.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Strong problem resolution and decision making skills.
- Excellent organizational, project management, time management, and recordkeeping skills plus attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong math skills including calculating fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to present to others and prepare written correspondence and required reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to become proficient in Authority software (PHA Web).
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the agency's vehicle insurance plan.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a client-centered focus.
This part time position is budgeted for approximately 20 hours per week and Lake MHA offers some scheduling flexibility upon mutual agreement. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security; it does, however, offer participation in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement system. part time employees are eligible for pro-rated PTO.
Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of three federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8), Multi-Family, and Public Housing programs. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
Equal Opportunity Employer