Posted on Nov 21, 2021 by Set2Recruit
CTO (Still able to be hands on) - Strong Science & Engineering background
(Fully Remote - with up to 1-2 days per month office based)
This is an exciting and rare role to come into an Environment Software & Data Tech Scale up that has a solid base of customers across the UK and work alongside the CEO to further expand their growth and technology. This is within a super exciting ethical space of Environment Sustainability, Energy, Transport Modelling and solving challenging Scientific Research and using Data & Software to help their clients across the UK.
They are looking for a Hand's on CTO/Senior Development Manager that loves and understands Physical Equations and understands what a Beautiful Front End looks like, as their clients and customers love both parts of their products and solutions.
Their core team is current 10+ Technical Engineer (Mostly Full Stack and Science-based software engineers & Data Engineers) and looking to grow this substantially over the next 12-18 months.
Key elements and requirements of the role
- Able to lead a highly technical and smart team of 10+ engineers.
- Build strong process and software delivery efficiency and effectively
- Work alongside the CEO/Bid Groups producing Engineering Cost and Time Estimated with sometimes limited knowledge
- With this, some experience and appetite for Risk and Delivery Challenges.
- Bring consistency of quality of code and product and continually innovate the science and the Front End Visual's and further expand their product capability.
- Able to jump on and code and work in delivering products when required.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-paced, Start-up/Scale-up environment with multiple projects and time constraints
- Able to see the longer-term direction and able to drive short term successful delivery
- Proven Leadership across Software Development and Data/Science
The team's offices are in Devon, and with an office used by some of the team when wanted/required, but most of the group are remote-based.
This role will have the expectation of 1-2 days a month in the office (Devon area), and clearly, relocation would be supported if you wanted a quality of life move to the Devon/Southwest area.
This is a rare and exciting role at CTO in a solid and growing Scale up with a massive Environmental vision to make a real difference and provide amazing solutions and services to clients towards Net Zero, improving Climate, improving Transportation and the quality of life for everyone in their areas.
A rare chance to build great Technology with Science behind it, and have endless possibilities to make a difference.
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£120k - £160k Annual
£90k - £120k Annual
£100k - £120k Annual
£100k - £120k Annual
£50k - £75k Annual
£70k - £75k Annual
£850 - £900 Annual
£120k - £150k Annual
£900 - £1k Daily