Business Analyst/Amsterdam/English speaking
Posted on Nov 20, 2021 by Endeavour Recruitment
Business Analyst required with 8-10 years' experience in the medical/pharmaceutical sector to join a leading client based in Amsterdam. (Onsite role).
Relevant qualifications in the area of business analysis and/or business process analysis and modelling (eg Object Management Group (OMG) Certified Expert in BPM, Six Sigma Black Belt or higher, BABoK), product owner and product manager roles.
Essential skills and experience:
- Business analysis, demand management, product management
- Proven record in business analysis and delivery of end-to-end business solutions implemented across multiple components, platforms and technologies
- Demonstrable experience of business and systems analysis in complex IT project (for organisations with more than 500 persons and in a complex architectural landscape)
- Experience in supporting projects using Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Azure, PowerApps Portal, MS Dynamics 365, MS SharePoint Online and/or Data analytics technologies Synapse, SQL DWH, Power BI)
- Experience using agile software development methodologies (ie Kanban, Scrum and other lean techniques)
- Proven experience in business transformation projects
- Proven experience in business and systems analysis in the context of agile software delivery, eg. KANBAN
- Experience in working with Azure DevOps and/or JIRA SDLC
- Experience of working on high visibility projects in traditional environments with strong project governance (eg highly regulated environments)
- Experience in producing defining and documenting Product and Services Roadmaps
Role specific skills, competencies & responsibilities:
- Lead the creation and review of an end-to-end domain business architecture and processes to support the strategic requirements of the business. Identify the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Facilitate and support the identification and design of changes to business processes, enabled by IT solution design (IT-enabled business transformation)
- Support ideation phase develop and present business cases, for high-level initiatives and approvals.
- Manage demand from multiple business domains, on multiple IT platforms, support prioritisation and solution design
- AS-IS and TO-BE Business process modelling
- Translating business requirements into system requirements with the level of precision and quality required for a development team
- Structured Requirements capture and analysis in the form of User Stories
- Management of a Product Backlog (Epics, User Stories, Bugs) in Atlassian JIRA/Azure DevOps
- Persuasive communication to business stakeholders to achieve buy-in for IT solution designs that enable business objectives
- Data and Entity Relationship Modelling (ER)
- Information flow modelling
- Excellent skills to design mock-ups and wireframes, navigation models, user journeys
- Ensure compliance between business strategies, enterprise architecture and technology directions, policies, standards and practices.
- Lead the decision-making process related to the business architecture and ensure decisions are justified and documented. Assess and manage associated risks.
- Ensure functional and non-functional requirements are met by the system's design and liaise with the stakeholders where necessary.
- Provide effort, cost estimates and work breakdown structure for the business analysis, design, UAT and rollout phase.
- Support proof of concepts for new technology developments and keep up to date EMA's technology standards.
- Collaborate strongly with EMA architects in developing the solution
- Partner with technical analysts from the Strategic Platforms (I-SP) department in order to assess and optimise functional requirements
- Partner with the Enterprise Architect from the CIO Office to ensure that the business domain architecture fits into the broader enterprise architecture.
- Contribute to solutions testing and UAT and identify potential improvements to the domain solution, processes and to the strategic platforms according to agreed designs/requirements
- Reports outcome of testing through the JIRA SDLC tool
- Supports continuous knowledge transfer to team members and transparent approach in sharing risks/issues/dependencies
- Support change management activities as needed
- Autonomous in managing activities based on priorities given by the Project Manager
- Experience working with key users in a fast paced and changing business environment to design and develop software that meets business need
- Experience of the full development life cycle of complex large scale and multi-user applications
- Capacity to assist the support team in training the users of the system
- Critical thinking and structured, analytical approach to problem solving
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent stakeholder management with stakeholders in all levels
- Excellent negotiation skills
Please get in touch for further details.