Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program Coordinator
Posted on Nov 20, 2021 by Humanics, LLC
We seek a motivated, self-directed Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program Coordinator for our client, Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority. Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority (Lake MHA) administers housing assistance for approximately 1,800 families throughout Lake County. This consists of three federal housing programs, the Housing Choice Voucher (formerly known as Section 8), Multi-Family, and Public Housing programs. These programs offer low and moderate income households the opportunity to rent affordable, decent, and safe housing. More importantly, Lake MHA provides these households a stable living environment in order for them to work towards economic self-sufficiency.
Reporting to the Programs Supervisor, the FSS Program Coordinator coordinates the administration of the Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) Program in accordance with HUD guidelines and determines eligibility and executes contracts of participation for the Lake Metropolitan Housing Authority.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Performs FSS outreach to recruit, identify and interview potential families. Explains program goals and requirements.
- Performs intake and assessment of needs. Develops an individualized training and services plan.
- Performs all housing choice voucher actions for FSS families.
- Performs ongoing case management for participants: conducts meetings with participants; monitors progress of families; and obtains and maintains a variety of documents for client files.
- Oversees and maintains records for escrow accounts.
- Coordinates and hosts quarterly Program Coordinating Committee (PCC) meetings.
- High school diploma or GED with college level coursework in business administration, public administration, accounting or other related field. Bachelor's degree in a similar field preferred. Two (2) or more years related experience. Will consider an equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training to meet the required knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies of the position.
- Housing Choice Voucher Specialist and Family Self-Sufficiency Program Specialist certifications required. If not certified, ability to become certified within six months of hire.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under the agency's vehicle insurance plan.
- Ability to understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules or regulations to specific situations. Prior experience with HUD rules and regulations governing public housing programs preferred.
- Ability to become knowledgeable about community resources and services; establish and maintain relationships with various support agencies; and refer families to appropriate resources.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise a high degree of discretion dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public, participants, coworkers and officials effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Excellent organizational, project management, time management, and recordkeeping skills plus attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong math skills including calculating fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to interview participants, listen effectively, and prepare written correspondence and required program reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and typical office equipment. Demonstrated ability to learn agency software.
- Legally compliant, confidential and ethical conduct, while living the values of teamwork and maintaining a client-centered focus.
In addition to competitive salaries, Lake MHA offers an excellent benefits package including: medical, dental and vision coverage; PTO and paid holidays; compressed work week; life insurance and short term disability insurance; and Ohio Public Employee Retirement and deferred compensation. Please note that Lake MHA does not participate in Social Security.
Equal Opportunity Employer