2nd Line Applications Support Analyst (partially home based)
Posted on Nov 20, 2021 by Easton Haines Consultancy
Senior Applications Support Analyst (2nd Line Support)
As a Senior Application Support Analyst you will use your Subject Matter Expertise and direction to help and support Applications Analysts, assisting with task assignment, queue state reviews, guidance and undertake delivery of policy/process laid out by the service delivery lead. You will also assist with team administration duties, ensure Service Management Functions, Major Incident Management, Business Liaison, Escalation Pathways and Business Communications are undertaken.
Reporting to the Service Delivery Lead your main responsibilities in the role will be to:
- Assist with ensuring the open ticket count is kept to a minimum, delivering quality assurance, guiding team KPI's, ensuring that SLA's are met and Service Desk telephony operations are delivered efficiently
- Assist ensuring all work undertaken within the department is correctly logged within the call logging system Ivanti ISM and processed through the life cycle
- Assist with ensuring maintenance support task are undertaken by the team including, Antivirus compliance, Security patching, Image build & update and various IT Security functions including user & security group and Active Directory
- Assist ensuring escalations are reviewed/mitigated, where necessary escalate matters to prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Produce service management, team dashboards and account performance reports to an agreed schedule or upon request
- Act as a Senior to participate in on-call & out-of-hours support as needed
You should have a good mix of the following skills and experience:
- Strong Applications Support experience
- Great problem solving skills, capable of working to deadlines with high level of attention to detail and a keen desire to learn and progress
- Strong understanding of ITIL (a qualification is not essential)
- Previous experience working at a senior level within a Service Desk environment.
- Possess expert knowledge, understanding and experience of common computing principles and technologies eg Printers, Networking, Citrix, Active Directory, Sophos Antivirus and DLP
- Personable and a great communicator, able to work effectively remotely with colleagues geographically dispersed across the UK and abroad
In return you will receive an extremely competitive salary (£25,000 - £28,000), an excellent benefits package and a great working environment (including free parking!), although this role can be based largely from home with one or two days per week in the office.
Please apply either by using the link provided or by emailing your CV direct to me. Alternatively, you can call for more information on the number shown below.
Easton Haines Consultancy is a specialist recruitment business for the IT industry. No terminology in the advertisement is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies, we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary or contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment business.
Please note that, unfortunately, due to the high level of applications, we are only able to respond to those candidates whose CVs match the job requirements.