Authentication Consumer Architect
Posted on Nov 20, 2021 by Request Technology
*We are unable to sponsor as this is a permanent full time role*
A prestigious company is on the search for an Authentication Consumer Architect. This role is revolved around identity access management. They need someone who can do a migration from Siteminder to Okta. They need experience with Azure Cloud Web Access Governance. They will be the SME on the migration. They need to be able to protect and enable access management for 35 million customer users.
- Envision, define, design, build, and deliver to customers and stakeholders services to plan and develop reusable technical security platforms, develop and sustain secure IT solutions, instill threat resilience and appropriate use behaviors in IT solution users, develop survivable/highly-available IT solutions, plan for technology and facility survivability/continuity risk events.
- Mentors a team of senior security architects to develop/maintain future state vision for reusable technical security and appropriate use enforcement platforms, create a risk-based investment roadmap, align the vision and roadmap with business desire to take advantage of emerging technologies, develop business cases for specific investment projects, collaborate closely with the enterprise IT architecture area in designing enterprise security architecture, design, build, and implement the platforms, and transitioning them to operations.
- Develops and continuously evolves the organizations processes/methodologies, structure, culture, skills/experience, process support tools, knowledge resources, and other components.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with industry peers and other external stakeholders including federal/local law enforcement agencies, industry organizations/consortia.
- Actively engages in driving strategic initiatives, and the related goals, to ensure the most optimal outcome.
- Consults with IT Services, aligns infrastructure and operations plans to the defined future state, and identifies opportunities to modify/mature the architecture to accommodate changes
- Communicate the status and accomplishments of the organizations technical security activities and projects to companys executive leaders, peers in the IT organization, customers and stakeholders.
- Partnering closely with the Compliance and Audit teams ensure adherence to all applicable legal, regulatory and contractual requirements in all activities of the organization.
- Instill and promote a strong results-oriented culture centered on business value creation, collaboration, commitment, merit-based recognition, personal development and external benchmarking.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent education and/or experience
- A minimum of 10 years related work experience
- Complete architecture-level understanding across Identity and Access Management (IAM) domains, for consumer and workforce personas, including enrollment and registration, identity profile and preference management, privacy enablement, runtime authentication, authorization, and access control, and credential management
- Expert level experience building complex distributed systems architecture based on industry standards such as OAuth, OpenID Connect, WebAuthN, SAML
- Advanced understanding and experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java (preferred), C++, C#, or Python, and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
- Experience with Cloud computing platforms (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Expert in executing enterprise architecture and software development life cycle methodologies
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at leadership level on the target enterprise architecture and roadmap
- Interpersonal and leadership skills that demonstrate collaboration, facilitation, negotiation, conflict management and influence
- Experience in managing several (2 to 4) concurrent large-scale enterprise wide information technology capability development projects.
- Deep understanding of and prior hands-on experience in all major information security, appropriate use, and survivable system engineering functions and activities including policy setting, vulnerability/risk research, security/availability architecture, system security/survivability engineering, incident response, cyber risk operations, cyber risk audit/compliance.
- Complete architecture-level understanding of all major information security and appropriate use enforcement technology solutions including advanced malware detection/prevention, mobile device virtualization/MDM, cloud security management, structured and unstructured database encryption, mobile application and remote API security, fine-grained application authorization and access control, security event visualization, big data user and entity behavior analytics, active adversary deception, and others.