Senior Service Designer (UX, GDS) - outside IR35 contract
Posted on Nov 20, 2021 by Berkeley Square IT Ltd
Senior Service Designer (UX, GDS) - Fully remote outside IR35 contract
6 months initial | Hybrid Remote/Newcaste | £600-650pd | Outside IR35
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Service Designer to help an award-winning software development consultancy build impactful digital services within the public sector that improve millions of lives.
This is a hybrid remote role with a minimum of 2 days per week in Newcastle.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Will work with service managers and programme directors to develop design concepts
- May have responsibility across complex services
- Will help set direction and embed good practice within teams
- Will make important decisions based on research and understand how this research impacts others
- Works with minimal support and can influence and mentor others
Skills & Experience:
- GDS experience (essential)
- Good knowledge of Agile working methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and stakeholder management
- Community collaboration
- Digital perspective. You have the ability to apply a digital understanding to your work. You can identify and implement solutions for assisted digital
- Evidence- and context-based design. You know how to design systems for use across multiple services and can identify the simplest approach out of a variety of approaches.
- Experience of working within constraints
- Facilitating decisions and risks. You can work with higher impact or more complex risks. You know how to build consensus between services or independent stakeholders. You can lead others to make good design decisions. You know how to apply different risk methodologies in proportion to the risk in question
- Leadership experience
- Prototyping (including in code)
- Strategic thinking. You can lead the design and implementation of strategy, directing the evaluation of strategies and policies to ensure business requirements are being met
- User focus
This is an urgent requirement and our client is looking to move quickly for the right Senior Service Designer (you must be able to start within the next 3-4 weeks).
Please direct any questions to Ashleigh Roberts at Berkeley Square IT (see below) or apply now for immediate consideration.