Lead Product Manager
Posted on Nov 19, 2021 by Methods Business and Digital Technology Limited
Looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our team working on a large data publishing programme with in a public sector organisation.
- have expert product management skills
- be involved in a range of product management activities at a strategic and tactical level
- work with other product managers in other workstreams
Skills needed for this role
- Strategic ownership. You can develop long-term visions and objectives. You are discerning and disciplined in focusing on what is important and most relevant.
- Technical Knowledge. You will understand technical concepts for this technical workstream that will build the cloud platform (AWS being the first) and implement foundational services such as setting up the CI/CD pipeline, monitoring, alerting, auditing, security policy adherence.
- Product ownership. You know how to integrate a product with other services. You can ensure that products get used. You can realise benefits by linking work in progress back to the business case. You can start to define and create approaches. You know how to coach others. You can implement new ways of working. You are aware of what other sectors are doing. You understand what is most important and applicable.
- life cycle perspective. You know how to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle. You can identify which tools and techniques should be used at each stage. You can develop sustainable support models. You can identify and deal with potential risks across workstreams. You know how to coach others.
- Operational management. You can advise on operational management
- Problem ownership. You know how to anticipate problems and how to defend against them at the right time. You understand how the problem fits into the larger picture. You can articulate the problem and help others to do it. You know how to build problem-solving capabilities in others.
- User focus. You are experienced in meeting the needs of users across a variety of channels. You can bring insight and expertise in how user needs have changed over time to ensure these are met by the business. You know how to apply strategic thinking in how to provide the best service for the end user.
- Agile working. You know how to coach and lead teams in Agile and Lean practices, determining the right approach for the team to take and evaluating this through the life of a project. You can think of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes. You are able to act as a recognised expert and advocate for the approaches, continuously reflecting and challenging the team.
- Experience of working within constraints. You know how to influence, challenge and coach. You can anticipate how constraints might change and know where to challenge or remove constraints.
- Must be eligible for SC security clearance
- Have experience as a product manager with in a government or public sector organisation, having delivered through DbDSS phases (Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live)
- Experience working on large complex programmes
- Experience working on data/data migration projects
- Experience working on cloud migration projects
- Experience of working with Agile methodologies (a mix of techniques including Scrum and Kanban, on individual projects and at scale) as part of a multi-skilled multi-disciplinary remote team
Set up alerts to get notified of new vacancies.
£65k - £80k Annual
£65k - £75k Annual
£90k - £105k Annual
£600 - £700 Daily
£50k - £55k Annual
£54.3k - £79k Annual