2x User-Workplace 1st-Level-Support - ONSITE ROME - 4-month initial - UN-agency-client - EN-speaking
Posted on Nov 19, 2021 by infom consulting GmbH
We are looking for two "User Workplace 1st Level Support and Maintenance Technician(s)" to start ASAP an initial 4-month contract (extensions possible up to 5-years) for an international Org' -client in ROME, where 100% ON-SITE work is required.
- Possibility of extension based on performance and budget availability.
- English speaking environment. Our client is an international organisation in Rome and a great reference in any CV!
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the specified location (No VISA support).
- Workplace is our UN-clients HQs in Rome 00142 (Lazio). Working Hours: Mon - Fri 8.30 - 17.30.
Under the supervision of the Technical Support Administrator, ICT, the consultant will perform all the standard activities required to ensure the deployment, availability, and correct operation of the user workplace environment, ensuring client software compatibility as well as software version and security compliance.
- Provide support for operating systems, hardware, and software tools, including installation, configuration and maintenance of standard software applications. Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems. Maintain user workstations fully functional at all times, monitoring system status and performance.
- Customize the installation of the Microsoft Office suite, preserving the compatibility with other versions of the same software. Maintain the installation of the suite applications by applying proper patches and perform maintenance tasks to prevent potential problems.
- Manage the flow of IT service requests, establishing priority status and assigning requests to ICT staff as appropriate based on established functional competencies and availability. Monitor the progress of user requests through the Incident Management system, taking appropriate follow-up action as required and ensuring that users are informed of status.
- Maintain the ICT Knowledge Base of internal procedures, tracking interventions and outcomes to permit knowledge transfer across teams. Document system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems;
- Outlook and MAPI protocol troubleshooting and configuration experience;
- Hardware troubleshooting and use of diagnostic tools experience;
- Knowledge of Internet, TCP/IP and Networking fundamentals.
- Secondary school education;
- Experience: At least two years of work experience providing technical support or in help desk functions, preferably in an international organization;
- Languages: Full command of English essential. Knowledge of Italian or other UN-client official languages ( French, Spanish, or Arabic ) an asset;
- ITIL Foundation Certification is an asset.
- Skills: Self-organized, ability to work under pressure, good communication and team skills, accuracy;
- Profile: Good judgement and reliability, tact, courtesy, ability to work in a team. Cultural sensitivity
To present you well, please note, each applicant will receive a maximum of 50 points based on the following criteria and I strongly advise to highlight below 5 points separately as kind of Intro' in your CV/application (kind of question/answer with 1-2 sentences will help a lot) please:
- Previous Experiences: max 15 points
- Knowledge of Microsoft OS and Office suite: max 15 points
- Knowledge of Computer Hardware: max 10 points
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Azure platforms: max 5 points
- Knowledge of basic security concepts (OTP, Multifactor authentication, Firewall, Antivirus, etc): max 5 points
AWARD & OTHERS
- [As you can see above:) The applicants attention is drawn to the important role that the curriculum vitae plays in the evaluation. Curriculum vitae shall illustrate the specific skills relevant to this request.
- We would like to receive CVs of suitable candidates together with pricing quotations, based on a daily net rate including travel costs for the services described for 100% ON-SITE work.
infom consulting is an owner-managed business and consulting firm in Germany. We have 20 years experience serving EU/UN-agencies and can guide you. The company supports large corporations and larger SMEs across Europe. Our IT experts are realising projects for the European Institutions, United Nations agencies, International Organisations and multinational companies across the EU.