Senior Technical Project Manager
Posted on Nov 18, 2021 by Tradebe
Main Purpose of job:
To identify, secure and deliver radioactive waste projects for nuclear and industrial clients using professional scientific, engineering and project management principles.
- Management of projects and tasks as directed by the Head of Technology / Technical Programme Manager - will involve full Project Management responsibility, cradle to grave.
- Working with the Head of Technology / Technical Programmes Manager / senior project managers to develop a full understanding of project requirements.
- Carry out costings and establish projects in line with Tradebe Inutec's internal management systems and procedures
- Work with line managers to secure & develop resources required to deliver tasks
- Utilise appropriate tools and software to forecast, control and report on project progress
- Accountable for Project planning and committing to customer milestones and internal deadlines.
- Ensure the relevant project risks are identified and managed / mitigated as appropriate
- Share best practice for project management and knowledge with staff to improve Tradebe project management capability and to maximise profitability
- Support operational management through project financial planning & reporting, resourcing and attention to financial KPIs.
- Responsible for providing technical leadership, advice and guidance to customers and the Tradebe business on radioactive waste throughout the waste lifecycle, with specialist knowledge in one or more areas of radioactive waste management
- To be a primary contact and build up strong working relationships with senior technical contacts at nuclear, industrial, waste recycling and disposal sites.
- Working with Tradebe sales, commercial and operational teams to develop plans, bids and solutions to meet customer needs
- Safety, Health, Environment and Quality
- Identify, implement and comply with applicable safety, environmental, quality, company procedures / policy, legislative and regulatory requirements
- The combination of individual duties and responsibilities above is not intended to be prescriptive, and may necessarily vary to respond to individual project needs, business needs and the competencies and experience of the jobholder
Other Essential / Desirable Skills:
- Computer literate
- Attention to detail and ability to question
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work under specified and agreed time constraints
- Professional and positive approach
- Self motivated
- Strong in building relationships and able to communicate at all levels
- Team player and able to work under own initiative
- Dynamic and creative and ability to offer solutions
- Strong customer service priorities
- Ability to influence cross-functional teams
Essential / Desirable Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant Science or Engineering Discipline is essential.
- Working towards or holding one or more professional accreditations in Science, Engineering, Project Management or Radiation Protection is desirable (e.g. CChem, CEng, APMP, RWA.)
If you are interested in discussing what Tradebe Inutec can offer you please contact Mateo Allen - Talent Acquisition Partner ()