Budgeting Governance Specialist
Posted on Nov 17, 2021 by Cloudstream
My client is looking for a Budgeting Governance Specialist to join their team in Dublin. The Budgeting Specialist role will provide support to the European Budget Governance Project Manager and Business Partner in helping to manage a multi-year budget. They will focus on providing value added reporting and analysis enabling the execution and delivery of milestone commitments of the program and will help to ensure all financial commitments are achieved from both a forecast and actual perspective. This role requires candidates that can effectively navigate financial, business, and operational plains whilst working with a large group of stakeholders across all the Medical Devices Franchises.
* Monthly compilation of Headcount Reports.
* Quarterly compilation of Discretionary Reports.
* Updating formulas and ensure current month/quarter is updated with accurate data prior to distribution to Budget Owners.
* Splitting the report and sending targeted templates to each Budget Owner.
* Work with the Budget Owners to help complete (as support function only), On Time, In Full and reflective of current situation.
* Ensure returned file is accurately reflected in the Project Controlling Files (PCF's) with all changes.
* Ensuring Run Rate (Monthly) and Latest Thinking (Quarterly) is accurate.
* Performing monthly sense checks to the data and following up on anomalies with Finance/Budget Owners/Contract Management Office.
* Monthly Meetings with Budget Owners.
* Helping to generate pre-reads.
* Participating in Monthly Workstream Performance meetings.
* Assisting on closing out "follow up" actions.
* Budget and Forecasting Cycles.
* Generate Templates.
* Work alongside the Budget Governance business partner to help budget owners complete.
* Consolidating data and completing sense checks.
* Help to generate reporting post close for budget owners and Franchise Leads.
* Reflecting data in Project Controlling Files (PCF's).
* Participate in senior management meetings with budget owners to discuss numbers.
* Collect and maintain any post close requests.
* Maintain central database for GAAP requests.
* Monthly Report on FY estimate based on H/C and Discretionary Templates.
* Quarterly Review of ACT vs EST to ensure calculations are current and accurate.
* Follow up with Finance anomalies in actuals.
* Help the Budget Governance Business Partner to work cross functionally re GAAP spend and help to Identify areas of opportunity.
* Other ad-hoc activities to help evolve the GAAP tracking tool.
* Review actuals vs current forecast and work with Finance & Budget Governance business partner to understand the drivers behind deltas.
* Degree in Finance or relevant discipline.
* A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role.
* Strong financial analysis experience with the ability to work with large sets of data.
* Advanced Excel skills are required to include Pivot Tables and complex formulas.
* Macros would be an advantage but not essential.
* Be able to work both independently and as part of a team within a complex Matrix of stakeholders.