Infrastructure Information Security Solutions Architect
Posted on Nov 17, 2021 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Information Security Solution Architect
Salary: $150k to $160k/Plus 20% Bonus
You will need to go in the office once a week or on a as needed basis.
The Information Security Architect is responsible for overseeing the design, building, testing and implementation of IT solutions and security systems to help keep an organization safe from cyberattacks. The Information Security Architect is expected to have a thorough understanding of complex IT systems and stay up to date with the latest security standards, systems, and authentication protocols, along with security related best practices.
You will need to be out of a large enterprise environment and be experienced in all infrastructure Security: Network, windows, linux, database, applications, cloud, SAP
- Provides guidance and direction to technical teams to ensure the delivery of IT solutions based on security standards, best practices, and principles.
- Provides input for the team ranging from short term tactical steps to long term direction and strategy related to security architecture.
- Helps develop plans to achieve business goals by prioritizing security initiatives to enhance the enterprise architecture and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies.
- Develops business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for technology spending and initiatives.
- Collaborates with the appropriate departments and outside vendors to develop and maintain security architecture that supports organizational needs.
- Analyzes complex business needs and recommends solutions designed around security standards and best practices
- Helps develop security procedures, policies, and standards
- Contributes collaboratively within a fast-paced environment to ensure design and delivery of high-quality solutions which adhere to industry standards for architecture, security, privacy, and best practices
- Conducts research to remain up-to-date and knowledgeable in regard to industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations
- Ensures that the company is making the best use of available technology to keep data, information, and IT assets secure
- Ensures the security of all information systems impacting company business including SAP, desktop computers and associated software, business machines, cell and smart phones, and telephone systems
- Bachelor's degree and formal education in relevant disciplines (Business, Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant degreed)
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience
- 5+ years in a lead security architecture role
- Ability to work with multiple technologies, aptitude for new technologies and ability to effectively apply technological solutions to business problems
- Proven experience in planning, organization, implementation and development of security related tools and technology
- Experience successfully managing the security related support of applications, systems or infrastructure environments
- Exceptional written and oral communications, with ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical addressees
- Exceptional organizational skills; proven ability to multi-task
- Able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Measures personal success through impact on business results, and client service
- Able to stand back from immediate problems in order to focus on more far reaching ideas
- Helps develop strategic plans to realize the vision
- Revises and adjusts strategy in light of changing circumstances
- Takes a long-term view of organizational success
- Native ability to function in multiple roles simultaneously, and demonstrates key attributes for working at the next level of seniority
- Ability to work in a team environment with Agile delivery values
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TECHNOLOGIES
- Hands on experience utilizing the NIST Cybersecurity Framework within a large organization (including all associated policies, standards and tools)
- Working knowledge of other risk management tools
- Strong hands-on knowledge of technology environments, including telecommunications, networks, security, programming, server administration, and Helpdesk operations
- Extensive background and experience with security standards related to NIST CSF or ISO 27001
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience in networking (LAN/WAN technology)
- Extensive knowledge and hands on experience with Windows based Servers and PC's
- Solid knowledge and experience with other cybersecurity technology/tools including (but not limited to) Firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, Next Generation Antivirus, NAC, Nexpose/Metasploit, Burp Suite, etc